Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   My McDonald's Rankings (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/my-mcdonalds-rankings-343756/)

Bilyclub 08-29-2023 09:06 PM

My McDonald's Rankings

My dine-in McDonalds ratings, mainly concerning service/wait times. I use the App when ordering. Haven't been inside the two on 27/441. It's not fine dining, but it works when you're in a hurry.

#1 Magnolia Usually 5 minute wait, and they are quick to refill soda.
#2 Colony Used to be #1. Now erratic.
#3 44/Signature Least crowded.
#4 466/Wedgewood The only with a self serve soda machine. 15 minute wait last
week

Pairadocs 08-30-2023 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilyclub (Post 2251039)
My dine-in McDonalds ratings, mainly concerning service/wait times. I use the App when ordering. Haven't been inside the two on 27/441. It's not fine dining, but it works when you're in a hurry.

week

To me it changes day to day, no consistency at all, must be who is working, who is he manager/supervisor, etc. I found on of the busiest and oldest is (or was) the most efficient and consistent... that's the one across from WM in the Spruce Creek plaza, but it too might change day to day, don't go to McD's but one a month if that...not much improved under Covid.. Dah !

PugMom 08-30-2023 06:38 AM

i miss the all-day breakfast

Michael G. 08-30-2023 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugMom (Post 2251124)
i miss the all-day breakfast

:thumbup:

Egg McMuffin the only sandwich made with real eggs.

alwann 08-30-2023 10:10 AM

Colony Mac

Quote:

week

I don't understand the Colony McDonalds. No self-service drinks or condiments, no salads on the menu. Used to have those items, just like the other locations.

shut the front door 08-30-2023 10:19 AM

But was the shake machine working?

asianthree 08-30-2023 11:08 AM

I can’t tolerate fake eggs..the taste is awful. McMuffin is an egg but not a fan. I would say have been in a McDonalds once in 5 years. I will say the one on 44 never looks busy like others

Topspinmo 08-30-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

week

McDonald’s home of the stale buns. :clap2:

Topspinmo 08-30-2023 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 2251273)
I don't understand the Colony McDonalds. No self-service drinks or condiments, no salads on the menu. Used to have those items, just like the other locations.

know what happens when refills are free? . :pepper2:

Rainger99 08-30-2023 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2251298)
know what happens when refills are free? . :pepper2:

They still give free refills - but you have to go to the counter and ask for it.

retiredguy123 08-30-2023 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2251349)
They still give free refills - but you have to go to the counter and ask for it.

I never understood why people will pay more for a large soft drink when you can get free refills on a small drink.

Pairadocs 08-30-2023 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 2251273)

Who knows ?? Seems to me a LOT of "covid" changes made have never, and probably will never, come back ? The self serve ketchup station was sloppy, I admit, but now having to ASK for ketchup for fries is annoying too, have to remember each time to ask... and then the 2 packets for two large orders of fries, and if you ask for more, you get 1 more, and it gets embarrassing to have to stand and ask for them 1 at a time... with people in line behind you, but of course, that's their business decision and it's obvious employees are trained to that specific routine...just like my opinion that it's foolish to ask people, AFTER they order, if they want additional items, "fries with that", "would you like to include a shake", "would you also like to add a pie", etc. etc. but it must pay off for them. Most of us will come back even though such measures are mildly annoying. Since the dispensers are probably considered unsanitary... just a bowl of individual packets would be a nice courtesy... LOL ! My own personal "rant" concerns avoid the astronomical sugar content of soda, by asking or a cola of half regular and half diet. With many locations no longer offering a self-serve, and the employees telling me "we no longer can do that" (meaning they are no longer allowed to do a "mix"), I think it is amusing that their corporate culture, their signature is : At McDonald's, have it YOUR way. Amusing, ironic isn't it...LOL !

But, they probably view taking time to mix types of soda as an efficiency of employee time error (Taylor, the industrial period theory...and Ray Kroc was a true disciple and it sure paid off) that a bowl of condiment packs is an invitation to steal ... every penny saved counts, that makes corporate sense.

retiredguy123 08-30-2023 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pairadocs (Post 2251360)
Who knows ?? Seems to me a LOT of "covid" changes made have never, and probably will never, come back ? The self serve ketchup station was sloppy, I admit, but now having to ASK for ketchup for fries is annoying too, have to remember each time to ask... and then the 2 packets for two large orders of fries, and if you ask for more, you get 1 more, and it gets embarrassing to have to stand and ask for them 1 at a time... with people in line behind you, but of course, that's their business decision and it's obvious employees are trained to that specific routine...just like my opinion that it's foolish to ask people, AFTER they order, if they want additional items, "fries with that", "would you like to include a shake", "would you also like to add a pie", etc. etc. but it must pay off for them. Most of us will come back even though such measures are mildly annoying. Since the dispensers are probably considered unsanitary... just a bowl of individual packets would be a nice courtesy... LOL ! My own personal "rant" concerns avoid the astronomical sugar content of soda, by asking or a cola of half regular and half diet. With many locations no longer offering a self-serve, and the employees telling me "we no longer can do that" (meaning they are no longer allowed to do a "mix"), I think it is amusing that their corporate culture, their signature is : At McDonald's, have it YOUR way. Amusing, ironic isn't it...LOL !

But, they probably view taking time to mix types of soda as an efficiency of employee time error (Taylor, the industrial period theory...and Ray Kroc was a true disciple and it sure paid off) that a bowl of condiment packs is an invitation to steal ... every penny saved counts, that makes corporate sense.

I think the "Have it your way" slogan is at Burger King, not McDonald's.

Rainger99 08-30-2023 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2251351)
I never understood why people will pay more for a large soft drink when you can get free refills on a small drink.

If you are ordering to go, it makes sense to order the large drink. If you are eating in, order the small.

Rainger99 08-30-2023 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2251363)
I think the "Have it your way" slogan is at Burger King, not McDonald's.

It is Burger King’s slogan.

Have it Your Way: Burger King Tagline History

I always hate it when they guy ahead of me takes the slogan seriously and makes a specific order. Ordering extra pickles, no ketchup, no onions, etc., etc., really slows things down! And you increase the chances for a mistake on the order!