Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Garages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/garages-571/)
-   -   Garage door repair or replacement (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/garages-571/garage-door-repair-replacement-345361/)

Chee-Chee 11-10-2023 04:12 PM

Garage door repair or replacement

The bottom seal of my garage door was just literally falling off. It was rotted and unacceptable. So I changed it myself. The garage door went up and and went down and popped back up. The central light was red so I figured that was it try to adjust and tried to adjust But to no avail now the sensor light is out. I’m looking for someone who can repair or replace the unit if necessary. Any suggestions? All the suggestions about the garage door please🤪

fdpaq0580 11-10-2023 04:37 PM

Veterans Garage Door, 352 844 3925, just repaired our garage door. After ten+ years our door was noisy and not working well. VETERANS came and gave us several options. Rather than waiting for various things to fail, we decided to be proactive rather than reactive and had all working parts replaced. VETERANS were great, fair and honest. Seniors and Veterans get discounts.
Our work was done 2 days ago, and I'm glad I have a chance to recommend them so soon.

jebartle 11-10-2023 05:10 PM

Ryan O'Cull 352-617-0522 the best, prompt, fair, good guy

villagetinker 11-10-2023 05:20 PM

I agree with Ryan ocull, it sounds like you need to adjust the stop switch.

threeonemiles@outlook.com 11-11-2023 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2273410)
I agree with Ryan ocull, it sounds like you need to adjust the stop switch.

He did work for me and it was quick and done well. He also has a propensity for salty language. If you can overlook that, he's your man.

DALEPQ 11-11-2023 01:11 PM

Garage Door Service

Have had great results from 'Scott's Garage Door Service' honest, and reasonable.
Ph: 352-697-0321

ColtsFan 11-12-2023 04:28 AM

We also use Ryan O'Cull. He is great! 352-617-0522.

Lyarham 11-12-2023 05:18 AM

Garage door

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chee-Chee (Post 2273380)
The bottom seal of my garage door was just literally falling off. It was rotted and unacceptable. So I changed it myself. The garage door went up and and went down and popped back up. The central light was red so I figured that was it try to adjust and tried to adjust But to no avail now the sensor light is out. I’m looking for someone who can repair or replace the unit if necessary. Any suggestions? All the suggestions about the garage door please🤪

There is a screw on the unit to adjust the up and down distance

JoeKnapp51 11-12-2023 07:54 AM

We are very happy with Scott’s Garage Door Service. Replaced broken springs the first time we used him. Replaced belt the next time we called a year later. Didn’t try to upsell. I highly would recommend.

lpkruege1 11-12-2023 09:15 AM

Read the manual

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chee-Chee (Post 2273380)

I downloaded the manual and was able to fix a similar issue. You need the brand and model number.

Chee-Chee 11-12-2023 09:15 AM

I looked for the adjustment screws and didn’t see anything. I’m going to look again today. Thanks for all the referrals.

babcab22 11-12-2023 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chee-chee (Post 2273380)
the bottom seal of my garage door was just literally falling off. It was rotted and unacceptable. So i changed it myself. The garage door went up and and went down and popped back up. The central light was red so i figured that was it try to adjust and tried to adjust but to no avail now the sensor light is out. I’m looking for someone who can repair or replace the unit if necessary. Any suggestions? All the suggestions about the garage door please🤪

dgd

dougawhite 11-12-2023 11:45 AM

Had a similar issue and found one of the wires going to the protection stop system (light beam across the floor) was broken. Fixed the broken wire and all was well again.

jjombrello 11-12-2023 12:49 PM

Totally agree with this. On one occasion, he talked me through the correction over the phone.

Chee-Chee 11-12-2023 01:25 PM

Thank everyone for your help. There were stops setup on the chain for distance up and down. The door is now working.