Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   5 guys at brownwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/5-guys-brownwood-306432/)

village dreamer 05-13-2020 03:43 PM

5 guys at brownwood

went to lunch at 5 guys today . the help all had masks on around their chins not around their nose and mouth, and no one cleaning any tables. I don't think they are making things safe .

Chatbrat 05-13-2020 03:52 PM

Its a glorified McDonalds--what do you expect?--

Joe V. 05-13-2020 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by village dreamer (Post 1764476)
went to lunch at 5 guys today . the help all had masks on around their chins not around their nose and mouth, and no one cleaning any tables. I don't think they are making things safe .

Did you think of pointing this out to the manager? Calling him?

npwalters 05-13-2020 04:16 PM

So....don’t go back

davem4616 05-13-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npwalters (Post 1764489)
So....don’t go back

exactly...don't go back

but I do appreciate the heads up share....as I liked that venue

Jayhawk 05-13-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

So where did you end up going instead for lunch?

Stu from NYC 05-13-2020 07:42 PM

You should have said something to the manager

Sensei 05-14-2020 05:03 AM

Dangerous Drive Thru at Burger King

Dangerous! During the Covid-19 pandemic the new Burger King by Aldi which serves residents of The Villages had two people in the drive-thru distribution window with face masks that were worn in inappropriate and dangerous manners like the 5 Guys staff: below mouth covering chin. The person was the one who leaned out of the window and handed the food to the drivers.

How does wearing a mask that covers the chin and leaves the nose and mouth exposed provide ANY safety in this time of world-wide crisis?!!! Where is the supervision? Where is the concern for the lives of customers or workers? A call to Burger King Corporate office was not yet returned.

Tsego58 05-14-2020 05:11 AM

This has been going on even before restaurant and non essential places were open. Like grocery stores, hardware stores and gas stations. Not just employees customers very often not social distancing or even wearing mask. The numbers fell for new cases and we opened any way. So what's the point.

Cher1119 05-14-2020 05:41 AM

Don't know about there, but around here in Michigan Our McDonald's has strict regulations from the Health Dept and Corporate McD's, to follow . Our crew wear masks at all times, gloves and constant sanitizing. Also preparing for when our lobbies open up. Sure is going to be different! I can't speak for all McDonald's owner operators but the ones we own here in Michigan are doing exactly what we are suppose to and more! Proud of our restaurants and our employees!!!! Sounds like our McD's are doing better for our customers safety then your Five Guys 😉 You know.....your glorified McDonalds???!!!

Dilligas 05-14-2020 05:42 AM

Quote:

That’s OK, the hamburger grease will kill off all the virus spores.

PugMom 05-14-2020 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sensei (Post 1764631)
Dangerous! During the Covid-19 pandemic the new Burger King by Aldi which serves residents of The Villages had two people in the drive-thru distribution window with face masks that were worn in inappropriate and dangerous manners like the 5 Guys staff: below mouth covering chin. The person was the one who leaned out of the window and handed the food to the drivers.

How does wearing a mask that covers the chin and leaves the nose and mouth exposed provide ANY safety in this time of world-wide crisis?!!! Where is the supervision? Where is the concern for the lives of customers or workers? A call to Burger King Corporate office was not yet returned.

posting this here isn't going to help. try speaking to an actual worker @ the establishment.

DecaturFargo 05-14-2020 05:54 AM

I personally know the VP of all of Five Guys. I will PM him.

brianherlihy 05-14-2020 06:00 AM

just don't go out and stay in your house

Sunflower1 05-14-2020 06:31 AM

Thanks for letting us know!