Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Tee times for 2 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/tee-times-2-a-349100/)

Bay Kid 04-06-2024 07:12 AM

Tee times for 2

I have tried for several days to get a tee time for 2 on an executive course. None available after until 4 in the afternoon or early in the morning, except chip and put courses (always available times). After 4 is too late because of taking care of my Dad. Any suggestions?

ThirdOfFive 04-06-2024 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 2319100)
I have tried for several days to get a tee time for 2 on an executive course. None available after until 4 in the afternoon or early in the morning, except chip and put courses (always available times). After 4 is too late because of taking care of my Dad. Any suggestions?

Wait. Hotter days and fewer 'birds will make tee times plentiful in a few weeks.

Otherwise it's a roll of the dice. We got mid-afternoon reservations for two, mid-afternoon on De La Vista today by checking the system yesterday mid-morning. We've been able to get times to fit our schedule (if not necessarily on the course(s) we'd have preferred) more often than not. You might have to travel a bit, but for the most part we've pretty much played as much golf as we wanted to this winter and spring.

Brwne 04-06-2024 07:20 AM

Making Tee Times

Quote:

Are you making online advanced requests - 7 days prior to the day you'd like to play? Did you select "Course" or " Time" as the priority? How many courses did you list as possibles (I've listed over 20 during "high season")?

If you are looking 3 days, or less, in advance of your desired play day, you won't find any tee times, other than pitch & putts, during "high season".

Good Luck!!

MrFlorida 04-06-2024 08:08 AM

Things get better in June when the birds are gone.

Laker14 04-06-2024 09:14 AM

Courses are full up, with all of those folks who bought south of 44, who aren't interested in golf.

Davonu 04-06-2024 10:20 AM

As stated previously, wait a bit for those dog-gone snowbirds to head home. :) Not much you can do before that. Shouldn’t be much longer.

Altavia 04-06-2024 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brwne (Post 2319103)
Are you making online advanced requests - 7 days prior to the day you'd like to play? Did you select "Course" or " Time" as the priority? How many courses did you list as possibles (I've listed over 20 during "high season")?

If you are looking 3 days, or less, in advance of your desired play day, you won't find any tee times, other than pitch & putts, during "high season".

Good Luck!!

This is good advise.

Put in as many courses and as wide a time window as you can.

Two golfers with no points will probably get there course and time they want.

Rainger99 04-06-2024 03:50 PM

One problem is that Heron, Chula Vista, El Santiago, Pelican, Bacall, Bonita Pass, and Redfish Run are closed for maintenance.

justjim 04-06-2024 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laker14 (Post 2319172)
Courses are full up, with all of those folks who bought south of 44, who aren't interested in golf.

Great satire. OP, consider playing nine on a championship course.

Laker14 04-06-2024 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2319293)
One problem is that Heron, Chula Vista, El Santiago, Pelican, Bacall, Bonita Pass, and Redfish Run are closed for maintenance.

Are they closed for maintenance, or for rehabilitation ?

Maintenance makes it sound like "situation normal. " Aerification is a form of maintenance.

When courses are allowed to decline to a general and widespread condition of unplayability due to the absence of healthy turf, and need to be closed for weeks or months, that's not maintenance.

Decadeofdave 04-06-2024 07:17 PM

Quote:

Put on a request 6 or 7 days ahead of time with at least a 4 hour window. I nail it every week within 20 minutes of the early side of my request window.

tophcfa 04-06-2024 07:57 PM

I have not had a problem getting t times, at or close to the requested times, for my wife and I on the executives during this years busy season by putting in requests four to seven days in advance. That being said, we only play 2-3 times per week, so our points aren’t high, and we generally request courses north of 466.

When we had two guests and I tried to get t times for a foursome, with two guests, forget about it. Looking at available times three days out didn’t work good at all for us this year, the worst it’s ever been during our 8+ years here.

Janie123 04-07-2024 06:17 AM

Quote:

My wife and I have never had a problem getting a tee time thru a request. We put in say 12:00 - 2:30 and put in about 10-12 courses. I just got Belmont (newly renovated) for Wed at 12:30 for 2. Got to make a request…

beckylou152 04-07-2024 06:34 AM

Tee time for two

Quote:

We have had 100 percent success this past year by putting our request in through the tee time system. We do give a lot of options for courses and times. My husband golfs 3-5 times per week, and I golf 3 times per week. My neighbor swears by just calling courses the day her foursome wants to play. She said there is always cancellations but we haven’t tried that.

ThirdOfFive 04-07-2024 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beckylou152 (Post 2319383)
We have had 100 percent success this past year by putting our request in through the tee time system. We do give a lot of options for courses and times. My husband golfs 3-5 times per week, and I golf 3 times per week. My neighbor swears by just calling courses the day her foursome wants to play. She said there is always cancellations but we haven’t tried that.

It works. We do that as well.