Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   COSTCO Water management plans (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/costco-water-management-plans-349490/)

Altavia 04-22-2024 08:21 AM

COSTCO Water management plans

2 Attachment(s)
Seen on FB - Water management plans submitted for a new Costco off 466 near Hobby Lobby?

Battlebasset 04-22-2024 09:19 AM

Seems like it would be hard/waste of time to fake this, but who knows?

Goldwingnut 04-22-2024 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battlebasset (Post 2324074)
Seems like it would be hard/waste of time to fake this, but who knows?

This legitimate, they are coming!

Battlebasset 04-22-2024 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldwingnut (Post 2324075)

Perhaps, but until I see it on their website with a projected opening date, going to curb my enthusiasm.

ElDiabloJoe 04-22-2024 09:40 AM

If Don says so, then it's so!!!! All the Katie Bells cheapskates are gonna put Costco out of
business with the free samples and $1.50 hot dog/drink meals, hahaha!!

What's the over/under bet on who will be the first to ask if it's golf cart accessible (good luck getting your purchases home) and who will be the first to gripe about traffic/parking? How long until this makes it onto all the major Villages YouTube sites? The Developer should'a scooped this with the news themselves - lost opportunity to show they still control their PR narrative.

Man! The lines for gasoline are gonna be miles long!

P.S.- Kudos to Altavia to being the first to discover and disseminate this news! Next task: Trader Joe's. Not for the skinflints, however.

ElDiabloJoe 04-22-2024 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battlebasset (Post 2324078)
Perhaps, but until I see it on their website with a projected opening date, going to curb my enthusiasm.

They won't do that until it's within 3 months of opening. https://www.costco.com/new-locations.html

Altavia 04-22-2024 09:57 AM

Quote:

Thanks!

Probably not great news for all the other big box stores in the area.

Papa_lecki 04-22-2024 10:01 AM

Quote:

Don mentioned it on his facebook page.

Velvet 04-22-2024 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe (Post 2324086)
If Don says so, then it's so!!!! All the Katie Bells cheapskates are gonna put Costco out of

What's the over/under bet on who will be the first to ask if it's golf cart accessible (good luck getting your purchases home) and who will be the first to gripe about traffic/parking? How long until this makes it onto all the major Villages YouTube sites? The Developer should'a scooped this with the news themselves - lost opportunity to show they still control their PR narrative.

P.S.- Kudos to Altavia to being the first to discover and disseminate this news! Next task: Trader Joe's. Not for the skinflints, however.

I hope so! Because it would mean they are successful enough for people to want it that much. After so many, many years of waiting and hoping for a Costco near TV…

Pugchief 04-22-2024 10:20 AM

You would think, since there is already a Sam's and BJ's in that area, Costco would do better further south (either on 44 or 466A). But they have no doubt done the research and most certainly know what will work best.

PugMom 04-22-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe (Post 2324086)

@ last prayers have been answered! :MOJE_whot:

patfla06 04-22-2024 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugchief (Post 2324110)
You would think, since there is already a Sam's and BJ's in that area, Costco would do better further south (either on 44 or 466A). But they have no doubt done the research and most certainly know what will work best.

I agree but glad NOT on 466A.
Surprised it’s not going in south of 44.

Stu from NYC 04-22-2024 12:31 PM

I have been saying for awhile that they are coming you can thank me now.

Mleeja 04-22-2024 12:58 PM

Hate to be a Debbie Downer on Costco, but this is a terrible location. The traffic will be horrendous! One has to remember a Costco will draw customers from outside of The Villages. It is likely that both Wedgewood Lane and Woodbridge Drive will need to be increased to four lanes, stop lights, turn lanes, etc. The infrastructure is just not there to support a store this large.

I hope Costco comes to the area, just not here. Lastly, for the other commenters, I would think you will lose golf cart access to Costco and all the businesses west of the planned location.

go4fpsb 04-22-2024 01:17 PM

Costco congestion

I agree it’s surprising Costco decided on that location given the amount of additional traffic they will generate. Sounds like gridlock will be a possibility unless access and egress is greatly improved. Love Costco coming but it maybe easier for us south of 44 to keep going to Clermont.