Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website and Mobile Suggestion Box (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/)
-   -   Link "button" to go back to the "main page" in a forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/link-button-go-back-main-page-forum-310950/)

coffeebean 09-10-2020 05:52 AM

Link "button" to go back to the "main page" in a forum

The page I'm referring to as the "main page" is the page that lists all the thread titles within a forum or sub forum.

The reason I request this "button" is to eliminate having to click the back arrow several times after reading a long thread which may have several pages.

Is it possible to add this feature to every page so going back to the main page of a forum is easier? Thank you to TOTV Team for your consideration..

Stu from NYC 09-10-2020 06:04 AM

Sometimes do have to hit the back button 4 to 5 times so that would be easier

NotFromAroundHere 09-10-2020 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1830853)
Sometimes do have to hit the back button 4 to 5 times so that would be easier

In my browser - right click on back arrow gives drop down list of previous pages to select main page.

Stu from NYC 09-10-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotFromAroundHere (Post 1830866)
In my browser - right click on back arrow gives drop down list of previous pages to select main page.

Thanks but doesnt work for me. But if I go to my browser can go to last time at main page easily. Thanks for helping me try that.

coffeebean 09-10-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotFromAroundHere (Post 1830866)

Just tried it. I see it in the drop down but it does not work when I click on it.

OrangeBlossomBaby 09-10-2020 10:35 AM

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The above is a screen-grab of my monitor, edited with MS Paint to show where to click to get to the previous list of threads.

coffeebean 09-12-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1830978)
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

The above is a screen-grab of my monitor, edited with MS Paint to show where to click to get to the previous list of threads.

OBB.....never thought of using that link. That works! Thanks.

PS.....I don't have any idea how to post a screen shot like you did. I don't know how to post a picture on this site.

coffeebean 10-01-2020 06:38 PM

To: TOTV Team

I received a private message asking me for more information about my request. For some reason, I had difficulty answering your private message so I will answer here.......

I am cancelling my suggestion. There already is a link on the pages which address my suggestion. Please see post #6 by Orange Blossom Baby in this thread to see which link I am referring to.
Thank you.