Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Realtors, Mortgage & Property Management Companies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/)
-   -   The Villages Realtors vs Multiple Listing Realtors (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/realtors-mortgage-property-management-companies-261/villages-realtors-vs-multiple-listing-realtors-349464/)

twinka 04-21-2024 11:57 AM

The Villages Realtors vs Multiple Listing Realtors

Which group of realtors are most successful selling pre-owned houses in The Villages in terms of number of houses sold, Properties of The Villages or Multiple Listing realtors? 1Q, 2024 stats were published by The Villages: 580 Houses closed, 717 Pending. How determine how many were sold by realtors not working for The Villages?

retiredguy123 04-21-2024 12:06 PM

Terminology. There are no Realtors working for Properties of the Villages. The Properties of the Villages is not a member of National Association of Realtors (NAR), so their agents are licensed real estate agents, but not Realtors.

scubawva 04-21-2024 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinka (Post 2323753)
Which group of realtors are most successful selling pre-owned houses in The Villages in terms of number of houses sold, Properties of The Villages or Multiple Listing realtors? 1Q, 2024 stats were published by The Villages: 580 Houses closed, 717 Pending. How determine how many were sold by realtors not working for The Villages?

Contact the local realtors association, they’ll have the MLS info

Marathon Man 04-21-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2323757)
Terminology. There are no Realtors working for Properties of the Villages. The Properties of the Villages is not a member of National Association of Realtors (NAR), so their agents are licensed real estate agents, but not Realtors.

According to the original post, that didn't matter to 1500+ homeowners.

OrangeBlossomBaby 04-21-2024 03:40 PM

Quote:

Properties of The Villages focuses on new construction. Pre-owned is secondary. They have fewer listings, but they tend to close them more quickly on average than MLS companies.

There are more MLS listings than there are VLS listings, but they tend to take longer to sell and often have price reductions before they go into pending status.

Totally anecdotal, but I've seen two homes in my area that were initially listed with MLS, that remained unsold for many months. Both of them eventually switched to VLS, and the properties sold after only a couple-three months once Properties of The Villages re-listed under their own company.

Snakster66 04-21-2024 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2323845)
Properties of The Villages focuses on new construction. Pre-owned is secondary. They have fewer listings, but they tend to close them more quickly on average than MLS companies.

There are more MLS listings than there are VLS listings, but they tend to take longer to sell and often have price reductions before they go into pending status.

Totally anecdotal, but I've seen two homes in my area that were initially listed with MLS, that remained unsold for many months. Both of them eventually switched to VLS, and the properties sold after only a couple-three months once Properties of The Villages re-listed under their own company.

I just counted 575 preowned listing on VLS. That is not less than MLS.

A ‘couple-three months’ isn’t also many months? VLS pre-owned listings also often have price reductions. It’s just more difficult to tell. Only if you are watching houses for a period of time do you notice one day that the price is lower than it was the day before.

I have been watching both sides pretty closely for a few months as I am house hunting. There is actually a lot of parity with the number of pre-owned listings for MLS and VLS so far this year. Indeed I would say VLS has more right now than MLS. And there are many that have been on VLS for 3+ months. Basically any VLS number around 241500 or lower.

retiredguy123 04-21-2024 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 2323813)
According to the original post, that didn't matter to 1500+ homeowners.

Correct. But, according to the NAR, you should hire a Realtor because they are better than a non-Realtor.

manaboutown 04-21-2024 09:25 PM

Based on my experience the Villages real estate agents push new builds as they appear to be incentivized to do so.
An MLS Realtor can function as a Buyer's Agent. I do not know if that is possible with a VLS agent. I have heard more than one war story where a property listed with VLS withered on the vine and when finally listed with MLS sold within a reasonable time.

Arctic Fox 04-22-2024 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2323906)
Correct. But, according to the NAR, you should hire a Realtor because they are better than a non-Realtor.

One would expect the National Association of REALTORS to say that

jimdecastro 04-22-2024 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2323845)

OP,

I agree with the first paragraph and that is your best answer. BUT if you are South of 44, MLS homes sell faster. I had a great house and I sold it harder than the agent. There are additional rules VLS agents follow (no signs) that MLS agents don't follow. I didn't care about rules - I wanted to sell my house before my designed home was finished. I probably took 2 months longer and $30,000 less because I went with the VLS. As you see by Orange's handle he is up North and sellers are not competing with 5,000 new homes - all cheaper as people want to recoup aftermarkets things they added.

Robnlaura 04-22-2024 05:57 AM

My laugh of the morning

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2323906)

That’s hilarious..

R&J in NJ 04-22-2024 06:12 AM

Quote:

In this market neither the MLS or TV wins. Too much inventory and high mortgage rates stiffle sales.

Susan1717 04-22-2024 06:13 AM

I can only speak to my own experience. I sold a pre owned home and listed with a villages realtor. BIG mistake for me!!! They brought people in for the first month and discovered they used my house to push selling their NEW build! They don’t need to follow the same rules as an MLS realtor. I had a huge war on my hand and much stress. I would never use them unless you want a new build. Also, if you list with them, they will not show your home to an mls realtor! Mine was a nightmare.

Skunky1 04-22-2024 06:41 AM

The village real estate agents are not Realtors!

Skunky1 04-22-2024 06:44 AM

The Villages real estate agents are not Realtors ! The Villages real estate agents do not cooperate with outside Realtors.