Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Do It Yourself (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/)
-   -   Adjusting Toilet (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/do-yourself-210/adjusting-toilet-43802/)

TCLaD 10-15-2011 07:18 PM

Adjusting Toilet

one of the toilets in our 2008 Wisteria when flushed actually spits the water and often some of it's contents onto the floor and the user. Very unsanitary and annoying. The problem seems to be there is not enough water in the bowl causing the splash when flushed. can anyone explain how to increase the water level in the bowl...not the tank?

tom60 10-15-2011 07:31 PM

The best thing i can suggest is for you to call kiley and son plumbing. They will corrrect the problem and will not charge you a lot of money. They will come right out . I speak from experience. Only thing is i dont know if they are open on sunday. Might have to call them mon morning. Your problem will be taken care of. Phone number is 753-5301

2 Oldcrabs 10-16-2011 07:17 AM

Possible

There is a small hose that comes out of the top of the fill valve and is "hooked to a "stand pipe". The water that fills the bowl comes thru the "stand pipe". It is possible the hose has come off and is filling the top tank instead.

graciegirl 10-16-2011 08:56 AM

I would look into having it exorcised.:shocked:

golf2140 10-16-2011 09:54 AM

Don't alligators look for warm spots this time of year? :posting:

HelenLCSW 10-16-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 406687)
I would look into having it exorcised.:shocked:

You are so funny --hope I will be able to meet you in person!

rjm1cc 10-16-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCLaD (Post 406546)
one of the toilets in our 2008 Wisteria when flushed actually spits the water and often some of it's contents onto the floor and the user. Very unsanitary and annoying. The problem seems to be there is not enough water in the bowl causing the splash when flushed. can anyone explain how to increase the water level in the bowl...not the tank?

If the hose suggestion does not solve the problem I would take a garden hose and see if I could flush a lot of water down the toilet. Maybe the sewer has a partial blockage and you can clear it with a lot of water. It could also be that your air vent pipe is stopped up and that prevents the flush. I think you would have to go up on the roof so you might want to get a plumber if that is the problem.

zcaveman 10-16-2011 12:45 PM

Or maybe the tank is not filling up as high as it should. This is fixed by adjusting the float.

Kiley was a good suggestion and they are not open on weekends except for emergencies.

skyguy79 10-16-2011 03:16 PM

Are you sure it's not a bidet? :throwtomatoes:

Seriously, I do hope it get's fixed quickly because it can be very annoying. If you can't resolve it quicky you might want to consider removing the tank cover off (until you do get the problem resolved) and lift the clapper slightly to add a little water to the bowl on each use and see if that helps temporarily!

TCLaD 10-16-2011 09:34 PM

Many thanks to all who responded. The plumper of the week award goes to 2 Oldgrabs. The fill tube hose had become dislodged all I had to do was stick it back in the hole on the fill tube...geisha, so simple.

2 Oldcrabs 10-23-2011 06:19 AM

"Plumper"

[QUOTE=TCLaD;407074]Many thanks to all who responded. The plumper of the week award goes to 2 Oldgrabs.

I will take "plumper", My wife just calls me "Fat":clap2:

graciegirl 10-23-2011 06:53 AM

[quote=2 Oldcrabs;409299]
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCLaD (Post 407074)
Many thanks to all who responded. The plumper of the week award goes to 2 Oldgrabs.

I will take "plumper", My wife just calls me "Fat":clap2:

Oh my goodness, I just snorted coffee through my nose. I swear I love you all.