Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Dave's Airport (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/daves-airport-544/)
-   -   Travel to Ft Lauderdale and Back (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/daves-airport-544/travel-ft-lauderdale-back-339073/)

Stu from NYC 02-15-2023 09:23 AM

Travel to Ft Lauderdale and Back

Just back from a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. This time decided not to drive and used Yankee Trails and they did a fine job and would not hesitate to use them again.

Our next cruise is a TA out of Ft Lauderdale but come back thru the Lauderdale airport and Yankee Trails does not do airport pickups.

Complicating this we get back from Europe at 11 pm and figure not ready for pickup until about midnight.

Any suggestions on how to do this without renting a car, or driving and staying at hotel night before the cruise and the night we get back.

Michael 61 02-15-2023 09:34 AM

Getting back at 11pm, then having to clear customers and wait for your luggage I think you are in a pickle - I can’t see how you could avoid having to get a hotel room for the night and then getting transportation back the following day.

Stu from NYC 02-15-2023 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael 61 (Post 2187772)
Getting back at 11pm, then having to clear customers and wait for your luggage I think you are in a pickle - I can’t see how you could avoid having to get a hotel room for the night and then getting transportation back the following day.

I think so but how do we arrange with a second carrier for a trip back here, leaving from a hotel?

Kenswing 02-15-2023 09:56 AM

Have you considered maybe flying back up to MCO then getting a car service from there? That would probably still be cheaper than a car service from FLL. We still go the rental car route.

Ecuadog 02-15-2023 02:22 PM

The Brightline train is due to connect up to MCO at Terminal C sometime this year. The stations will be Miami, Aventura, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Orlando (2023) and, sometime in the future, Disney area and Tampa.

Orlando (MCO) to Miami should take about 3 hours and cost about $100. Seniors, military and veterans get a 10% discount.

This probably won't help with your present plans, but it may help in the future.

Keefelane66 02-15-2023 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2187784)
I think so but how do we arrange with a second carrier for a trip back here, leaving from a hotel?

Call for a Taxi or Uber. Depending on Hotel they may have complimentary shuttle to terminal. The dilemma maybe the return date if no cruises are leaving that day for Yankee Trails usually they drop off then pick up returning clients.

oldtimes 02-15-2023 06:10 PM

Quote:

There are several hotels in that area that have shuttles to/from both the cruise terminal and the airport.

Pairadocs 02-15-2023 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael 61 (Post 2187772)

Agree. Have used many options, private car, rental, self drive and park, Yankee Trails (agree they are GREAT if you can coordinate) but think the poster who said "you are in a pickle" is probably correct, not many options due to your time schedule !

Stu from NYC 02-15-2023 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldtimes (Post 2187926)
There are several hotels in that area that have shuttles to/from both the cruise terminal and the airport.

The problem is yankee trails picked us up before 9 am and doubt we could get into the port that early from a hotel.

Keefelane66 02-15-2023 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2187952)
The problem is yankee trails picked us up before 9 am and doubt we could get into the port that early from a hotel.

I'm sure you can figure it out by getting up early.

Salty Dog 02-16-2023 04:20 AM

I'm taking Yankee Trails one-way to Miami for a transatlantic cruise, but I'm flying back to Orlando (MCO). I hadn't even decided how we will get home from the airport. I'll probably just use some airport shuttle service.

oldtimes 02-16-2023 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2187952)

Your could stay at the airport and take a shuttle (or taxi) from there
GO Airport Shuttle | Book FLL Airport Shuttle Reservations

Corncob 02-16-2023 07:51 AM

Contact Workman Transportation. They will pick you up at Fort Lauderdale no matter what time it is

Ithreeputtoo 02-16-2023 08:20 AM

We are doing a TA as well. Rented a car to get down to the port and will stay the night before the cruise departure and turn the car in on the day we arrive. then take the hotel shuttle to the port. We fly back to MCO and I have used Jerry's Transportation many times and they are great and will use them again to get us home.
Jerry Schwartz

Deluxe Private Car Service

Since 2007----In The Villages & Central Florida

Tel & TXT: 352-208-2637 (dial all digits)

mailto:jerry@schwartzusa.net

12 vehicles at your service

I'm a Villages Resident

dadoiron 02-16-2023 10:13 AM

Definitely hotel

Quote:

Hotels usually have free pickup drop offs. Hotel picks you up from port lauderdale then drops you back for return via yankee trails from port lauderdale. Some one on our bus talked about how they had to do that and it worked great.