Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   High altitude object shot down over US (Alaskan) territorial waters (ice) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/high-altitude-object-shot-down-over-us-alaskan-territorial-waters-ice-338936/)

manaboutown 02-10-2023 04:03 PM

High altitude object shot down over US (Alaskan) territorial waters (ice)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfKRPt0ulRM

Taltarzac725 02-10-2023 04:36 PM

U.S. shoots down '''high-altitude object''' over Alaskan airspace, White House says

Who knows what this was?

Arctic Fox 02-10-2023 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Map shows a dead horse, so I guess the debris landed on that poor animal

manaboutown 02-10-2023 04:44 PM

"The way it was described to me was roughly the size of a small car as opposed to a payload that was like two or three buses sized," Kirby said.

Kirby said that the object was shot down because it was flying at around 40,000 feet and could have posed a threat to civilianaircraft versus the Chinese spy craft discovered last week, which Kirby said was at 65,000 feet and posed no threat to civilian aircraft.

Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder, a Pentagon spokesperson, said Friday afternoon that the military has located a significant amount of debris from the object, stating that it was shot down by an F-22 using an A9X missile out of Joint Base Elmendorf–Richardson in Anchorage, Alaska. He said the object entered U.S. airspace on Thursday.

"Debris that's been recovered so far is being loaded on to vessels taken ashore, cataloged, and then moved onwards to labs for subsequent analysis. And while I won't go into specifics due to classification reasons, I can say that we have located a significant amount of debris so far that will prove helpful to our further understanding of this balloon and its surveillance capabilities," Ryder said.

From: US military shoots down '''object''' flying in territorial waters over Alaska | Fox News

Taltarzac725 02-10-2023 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic Fox (Post 2185957)
Map shows a dead horse, so I guess the debris landed on that poor animal

Funny.

Maybe Borat sent up a 🎈.

Blueblaze 02-10-2023 07:21 PM

An object the size of a small car that can travel at 40,000 ft?

Hmmmm, let's see.... our best drones are bigger than a humvee and top out at about 30,000'. A U2 can make it to 80,000', but we're the only ones who have them. And their wingspan is half a 747. Well... a 747's service ceiling is about 45K, but they're a little bigger than a Volkswagon. I hope we didn't shoot down a 747!

Iran's little toy drones are basically glorified model airplanes. Might be good for 3,000', so they're out.

Wow, that doesn't leave much other than an escaped balloon from some used car lot's "Crazy Sales Days" event. Do they have used car lots up there on the tundra? Maybe it's midget aliens (the space kind)!

Something tells me that when they get to Alaska, all they're going to find is a bag of wind (minus the bag)!

Maybe somebody should have run their latest balloon lie past a pilot before calling up CNN!

EastCoastDawg 02-10-2023 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblaze (Post 2186013)
An object the size of a small car that can travel at 40,000 ft? Hmmmm, let's see.... our best drones are bigger than a humvee and top out at about 30,000'. A U2 can make it to 80,000', but we're the only ones who have them...

I think we can safely assume that the Chinese have technology every bit as good as anything the West can muster.

Get real 02-11-2023 04:32 AM

The Chinese gave permission to shoot it down.

thelegges 02-11-2023 04:42 AM

Quote:

Wow, that doesn't leave much other than an escaped balloon from some used car lot's "Crazy Sales Days" event. Do they have used car lots up there on the tundra? Maybe it's midget aliens (the space kind)!

Something tells me that when they get to Alaska, all they're going to find is a bag of wind (minus the bag)!

Maybe somebody should have run their latest balloon lie past a pilot before calling up CNN!

Now if it came from Alaska this time of the year, the plug in cable, (to keep your car from freezing) on any town Main Street, would have kept it tethered.:cold::clap2:

Two Bills 02-11-2023 04:46 AM

I think it is a disgrace that these foreigners are spying on the US.
America would never stoop so low as to do a thing like that! :pray:

Two Bills 02-11-2023 04:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Nearly there!
Attachment 96848

thelegges 02-11-2023 05:09 AM

Maybe it was Amazon delivering a package:a040: bet that customer is going to be unhappy. Or that eBay someone bought coming from China, no wonder it takes so long to deliver if they are using balloons.

MorTech 02-11-2023 05:47 AM

They murdered Santa Claus, I tellz ya.

lpkruege1 02-11-2023 08:01 AM

Sure they did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 2185942)

Want to buy some prime marsh land in Florida?

lpkruege1 02-11-2023 08:03 AM

Well they should

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastCoastDawg (Post 2186016)
I think we can safely assume that the Chinese have technology every bit as good as anything the West can muster.

Well, they should have, after all those dollars they spent spying on us.