Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Gazette News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/gazette-news-566/)
-   -   Voter Fraud in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/gazette-news-566/voter-fraud-villages-331155/)

Grill Meister 04-14-2022 10:53 AM

Voter Fraud in The Villages

I just read the headlines from the Orlando newspaper that two Villagers had admitted voter fraud in the 2020 elections but will not serve any jail time. I am not a subscriber to the Orlando newspaper and, therefore, was unable to read any of the details. I am a little disappointed that there has been no mention in the DAILY SUN nor in Talk of The Villages.

Can someone fill us in on who the Villagers are and the circumstances involved in the fraudulent voting.

dewilson58 04-14-2022 10:58 AM

Google is your friend.

Stu from NYC 04-14-2022 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grill Meister (Post 2083499)
I just read the headlines from the Orlando newspaper that two Villagers had admitted voter fraud in the 2020 elections but will not serve any jail time. I am not a subscriber to the Orlando newspaper and, therefore, was unable to read any of the details. I am a little disappointed that there has been no mention in the DAILY SUN nor in Talk of The Villages.

Can someone fill us in on who the Villagers are and the circumstances involved in the fraudulent voting.

Would you really expect anything negative about this place to be in the Sun?

Mrprez 04-14-2022 11:02 AM

This is not large scale voter fraud. They voted here and back home.

Keefelane66 04-14-2022 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grill Meister (Post 2083499)

There are 2 that admitted voter fraud and another 2 pending cases. Do you really think the Sun would carry this info maybe if they were of a different shade

Bill14564 04-14-2022 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprez (Post 2083503)

It is 100% voter fraud. But no, with only four people it is not large scale.

Mrprez 04-14-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 2083521)
It is 100% voter fraud. But no, with only four people it is not large scale.

Did I say it wasn’t voter fraud? It’s not even small scale. Microscopic.

blueash 04-14-2022 12:35 PM

the other online news website which we are forbidden from linking has covered the story. 2 GOP voters and 2 no party. Unlike the black voters who were sent to jail for long periods, these are older white people, so no felony conviction, just go to civics school and some short community service.

Keefelane66 04-14-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 2083527)
the other online news website which we are forbidden from linking has covered the story. 2 GOP voters and 2 no party. Unlike the black voters who were sent to jail for long periods, these are older white people, so no felony conviction, just go to civics school and some short community service.

And we get The Gazette sometime news clips are days old.

Lottoguy 04-14-2022 01:09 PM

Mark Meadows would fit right in here.

Bogie Shooter 04-14-2022 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprez (Post 2083503)

There was no such thing as “large scale voter fraud”.

Mrprez 04-14-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2083538)
There was no such thing as “large scale voter fraud”.

I didn’t say there was. The op was asking about some details. I was just letting them know that this wasn’t some huge deal. Just a few people who were caught, and deserve everything that is coming to them.

tophcfa 04-14-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keefelane66 (Post 2083519)
There are 2 that admitted voter fraud and another 2 pending cases. Do you really think the Sun would carry this info maybe if they were of a different shade

Why in the world would the Sun want to even bring up the issue of voter fraud? Talk about the pot calling the tea kettle black! The papers owner goes to great lengths to manipulate the local elections in Sumter county and pulls strings in high places to reverse election outcomes viewed as unfavorable.

jaj523 04-14-2022 02:46 PM

Two homes loophole

It IS wholly widespread. Many people who have two residences manage to vote in both places, especially when their two residences are in different places, even though this is against the law. People vote by mail in one place and in person in another. This has been going on for years. Some of the proposed new laws attempt to close this loophole, but there has been much opposition. A lot of people want to make voting by mail easier, not more difficult.

MartinSE 04-14-2022 03:05 PM

The interesting part I found, if these two MEN intentionally voted twice, and admitted to it. And got 50 hours of community service and attend a course on community service.

A woman in Texas was out of jail on parole and attempted to vote (because she was told she could when we got out of jail). She attempted to vote in the election and was told she was not allowed to vote until after she completed her parole. So, she left. The was then convicted of ATTEMPTING TO VOTE. and sentenced to 5 years for voter fraud.

Two old White guys committee the act, 50 hours service. One black woman tried and got 5 years.