Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Baseball (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/baseball-330/)
-   -   RedSox Win First Championship at Home (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/baseball-330/redsox-win-first-championship-home-93251/)

2BNTV 10-31-2013 07:33 AM

RedSox Win First Championship at Home

Congrats to the RedSox on winning their first championship on their home field.

I feel gratified after the terrible bombing that people in the Boston have have something to smile about. Also, the RedSox nation has something to be proud about.

Boston Strong!!!!

BTW - I am a Yankee fan.

justjim 10-31-2013 07:50 AM

Congrats to the Boston Strong! They deserved the win for sure.

On another note, I just read where the Cardinals had an awful travel time sitting on the Tarmac in St. Louis for 7 hours on Tuesday prior to the game last night. Mathney (Cards Mgr.) took the high road and said it didn't affect their play.

I thought there were new laws passed regarding this type of situation. I've never sat that long---2 hours was more than enough for me. Outrageous!

janmcn 10-31-2013 07:56 AM

From worst to first. Congratulations Red Sox. Boston strong...Boston proud.:BigApplause:

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 10-31-2013 08:05 AM

What a great time for the city of Boston.

Thank you 2BNTV. In spite of their great and intense rivalry, Boston and New York fans always put it behind the when it comes to important stuff.

I remember the Yankees getting a standing ovation at Fenway Park shortly after 9/11.

Aren't we lucky to be a part of the greatest rivalry in sports.

2BNTV 10-31-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 771552)
What a great time for the city of Boston.

Thank you 2BNTV. In spite of their great and intense rivalry, Boston and New York fans always put it behind the when it comes to important stuff.

I remember the Yankees getting a standing ovation at Fenway Park shortly after 9/11.

Aren't we lucky to be a part of the greatest rivalry in sports.

Yes, we are. Their games are like marathons and exciting to the finish for the most part.

Arguably, the most storied rivalry in all of sports. :smiley:

Taltarzac725 10-31-2013 08:45 AM

Congrats, Boston Red Sox.

Boston Red Sox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you think that they will shave off some of those awful beards?

2BNTV 10-31-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 771576)
Boston Red Sox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do you think that they will shave off some of those awful beards?

The short answer is no. They might in the off season for their wives sake but will probably grow them back next season. Ballplayers are very supersitious when it comes to winning and will stick with whatever they feel is helping them. Some ballplayers have worn the same hat and refused to wash it for several months if they are winning.

What's the commercial say, "It isn't weird, if it works".