Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Executive courses being renovated! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/executive-courses-being-renovated-348861/)

Rainger99 03-27-2024 09:06 AM

Executive courses being renovated!

There was an article in the Daily Sun yesterday in which the PWAC is going to renovate a number of executive courses including Heron, Bacall, Bogart, Bonita Pass and Truman.

They are also going to replenish the bunkers at
• Palmetto
• Sweetgum
• Mangrove
• Escambia
• Volusia

If they follow through on the work, it looks promising!

Public Portal • CivicClerk

It looks like some people are reading TOTV!

Flyers999 03-27-2024 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2316080)
There was an article in the Daily Sun yesterday in which the PWAC is going to renovate a number of executive courses including Heron, Bacall, Bogart, Bonita Pass and Truman.

• Palmetto
• Sweetgum
• Mangrove
• Escambia
• Volusia

Love the steps they are taking. But, the real problem is, we need more executive courses. I actually played a Pitch & Putt course here a few weeks ago and it was in great shape; because nobody wants to play these.

Meanwhile, Bacall, Bogart,
and Truman, are in shambles because everybody wants to play these.

biker1 03-27-2024 06:04 PM

The three pitch and putts are actually quite busy. Most tee times are taken until late in the afternoon. However, I believe a lot of the play is from people who have had their tee time requests on the executives denied and they then grab spots on the pitch and putts. In the case of Richmond, the greens are in great shape and the practice green is near perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers999 (Post 2316250)
Love the steps they are taking. But, the real problem is, we need more executive courses. I actually played a Pitch & Putt course here a few weeks ago and it was in great shape; because nobody wants to play these.

Meanwhile, Bacall, Bogart,
and Truman, are in shambles because everybody wants to play these.

dhdallas 03-27-2024 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2316080)

• Palmetto
• Sweetgum
• Mangrove
• Escambia
• Volusia

Well if you read it in the Daily Sun then it MUST be true! Keep drinking that Kool-Aid while you are reading that marketing bulletin disguised as a newspaper.

Marathon Man 03-28-2024 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhdallas (Post 2316298)
Well if you read it in the Daily Sun then it MUST be true! Keep drinking that Kool-Aid while you are reading that marketing bulletin disguised as a newspaper.

Many people enjoy reading the Daily Sun. Why does that bother you?

Bay Kid 03-28-2024 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 2316316)

I think it is a great paper. More good news than bad.

Velvet 03-28-2024 08:37 AM

Glad to hear this. As a new golfer I can’t judge greens but at Truman this week the last hole had hard earth. The ball rolled like on tile. I did see several people working on hole 7 (I think) while the golf course was open. Someone made the remark, “Aren’t they worried we are going to hit them?” We skipped that hole.

Stu from NYC 03-28-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

I read it and enjoy with breakfast but it is not exactly an objective source of news.

LeRoySmith 03-28-2024 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2316446)
I read it and enjoy with breakfast but it is not exactly an objective source of news.

Sudoku and coffee in the morning

DALEPQ 03-29-2024 09:17 AM

Executive Courses

What will fixing the Bunkers solve?
It's the Greens stupid, that need fixing!!

village dreamer 03-29-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by village dreamer (Post 2316717)
sure they can fix it $$$$$, just how many millions will it take????

belmont will open on april 4 at a cost of 1.36 mil. to repair it.

tophcfa 03-29-2024 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by village dreamer (Post 2316717)
sure they can fix it $$$$$, just how many millions will it take????

The problem doesn’t appear to be the $$ to fix the greens. It’s keeping them in good condition once they are fixed. Competent and consistent ongoing maintenance is the critical issue.

Bogie Shooter 03-29-2024 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhdallas (Post 2316298)

Quote:

We all know what the paper is. If you want to read , I do, that’s fine if not don’t…….but why come on here and make a grandiose bashing statement.

kkingston57 03-29-2024 07:15 PM

[QUOTE=village dreamer;2316723]belmont will open on april 4 at a cost of 1.36 mil. to repair it.[/QUO

Typical dumb maintenance. Why would a golf course get new grass during the winter time when grass(even in Florida) goes dormant. Have lived in Florida entire life and TV is the ONLY place where a course gets new grass in the wintertime. To make matters worse, work was being done during the BUSY season.

Two Bills 03-30-2024 03:20 AM

Save a lot of maintenance if all the sand traps were removed from Executive courses?:shrug:
Just a thought.