Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Investment Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/)
-   -   I hope you read the tea leaves a few months ago on which sectors to invest in for the (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/investment-talk-158/i-hope-you-read-tea-leaves-few-months-ago-sectors-invest-346230/)

rsmurano 12-19-2023 03:01 PM

I hope you read the tea leaves a few months ago on which sectors to invest in for the

There's going to be (already started) a mass exodus of money out of money market accounts into equities which will cause equities to go higher. Certain sectors are going gangbusters for the last couple of months but still have legs to go for a while. This new phase of the bull market will be consisting of the whole market, not just the top 7 mega tech stocks. We needed the support of most companies to participate in the increase value to become a legitimate bull run, and we finally started getting it. Its not too late.

Keefelane66 12-19-2023 04:03 PM

Concerned about commodity speculation on oil futures already due to speculation on trade through the Suez Canal, already bumping up futures on petroleum which will affect everyone.
Bloomberg sees high spending this Christmas spending but will that be the last hurrah? And then there's the nations budget/spending expecting a fiasco.

Robbb 12-19-2023 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsmurano (Post 2283816)
There's going to be (already started) a mass exodus of money out of money market accounts into equities which will cause equities to go higher. Certain sectors are going gangbusters for the last couple of months but still have legs to go for a while. This new phase of the bull market will be consisting of the whole market, not just the top 7 mega tech stocks. We needed the support of most companies to participate in the increase value to become a legitimate bull run, and we finally started getting it. Its not too late.

How do you know?

Gpsma 12-19-2023 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbb (Post 2283827)
How do you know?

He we to a rubber chicken lunch and invested all his life savings because a trusted adviser told him so

buzzy 12-19-2023 05:21 PM

There's always a December run-up, followed by profit taking in January. Just wait for the next entry point.

melpetezrinski 12-19-2023 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzzy (Post 2283832)
There's always a December run-up, followed by profit taking in January. Just wait for the next entry point.

Well not "always" but the so called Santa Claus rally DOES occur something like 80% of the time (in the last 70 years).

BrianL99 12-19-2023 06:00 PM

Quote:

How do you know?

He drinks tea and checks the bottom of the cup, when it's gone.

Sully2023 12-20-2023 06:42 AM

Reading the tea leaves

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsmurano (Post 2283816)

I wish you were around the last time the market took a dive so you could have warned me to pull my money from the market.

I’m a long term investor, finally recouping most of my losses from the last market correction.

What’s that saying - buy when people are selling and sell when people are buying.

No one can predict human behavior.

Caymus 12-20-2023 06:59 AM

Quote:

How do you know?

FOMO (Fear of missing out)

Romad 12-20-2023 07:20 AM

Nothing like living like it is 1929.

Gunny2403 12-20-2023 07:27 AM

Frankly I’m cashing out a percentage of my equities. Nothing lasts forever. Cash in and don’t be greedy.

LoisR 12-20-2023 07:57 AM

I have some land smack in the middle of Manhattan if you're interested. Also have several NYC bridges for sale. Great bargain. They just about pay for themselves.

rsmurano 12-20-2023 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully2023 (Post 2283881)
I wish you were around the last time the market took a dive so you could have warned me to pull my money from the market.

I’m a long term investor, finally recouping most of my losses from the last market correction.

What’s that saying - buy when people are selling and sell when people are buying.

No one can predict human behavior.

I sold everything back near 01/22 and got into money markets and got into and out of certain stocks/funds during the past 23 months, the majority of my $$$ in money market up until a few months ago.

I’m also a long term investor but I didn’t like what was going on at the end of 2021 so I got out. So I don’t have to wait until I get back to normal. I made money during the last 2 years. Like I mentioned, I’m a long term investor and the funds I got into a few months ago, are the same funds that I have had for decades.

msilagy 12-20-2023 08:45 AM

Pulling out of equities if you don't have to over the years has proved to be unproductive. Stay the course.

Robnlaura 12-20-2023 09:14 AM

I don’t get the halal

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gpsma (Post 2283829)
He we to a rubber chicken lunch and invested all his life savings because a trusted adviser told him so

Just a question why do we need Islamic halal food ??