Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Weather Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/weather-talk-515/)
-   -   Boiling Oceans Update (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/weather-talk-515/boiling-oceans-update-345974/)

sounding 12-08-2023 05:11 PM

Boiling Oceans Update

Learn why folks are wearing gloves during morning walks while the oceans boil. December 11, at 1 PM, at Bridgeport, for the Science & Technology Club.

fdpaq0580 12-09-2023 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sounding (Post 2280903)
Learn why folks are wearing gloves during morning walks while the oceans boil. December 11, at 1 PM, at Bridgeport, for the Science & Technology Club.

Spoiler Alert! The oceans aren't actually "boiling", and some people are wearing gloves and coats or sweaters as a result of colder local weather patterns.

My work here is done. Bye.

BrianL99 12-09-2023 10:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2281006)
Spoiler Alert! The oceans aren't actually "boiling", and some people are wearing gloves and coats or sweaters as a result of colder local weather patterns.

My work here is done. Bye.

I think there was a typo in the original post. He must have meant to type "roiling".

As for the gloves, a lot folks are wearing gloves in Bridgeport, CT this morning ... it was in the 30's.

ThirdOfFive 12-09-2023 01:07 PM

Quote:

Sorry. The first two words of the title for this thread told me all I needed to know.

Garbage day was yesterday.

Byte1 12-10-2023 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive (Post 2281030)
Sorry. The first two words of the title for this thread told me all I needed to know.

Garbage day was yesterday.

Some folks are interested in the information he provides. Those that aren't should show some common courtesy/civility.

Two Bills 12-10-2023 07:44 AM

I wish the seas around UK would boil a bit.
Central heating on, and been wearing gloves and rubber boots since mid October.
Rain, wind and cold! :cold:

fdpaq0580 12-10-2023 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byte1 (Post 2281112)
Some folks are interested in the information he provides. Those that aren't should show some common courtesy/civility.

Point taken. But, please understand that there are others that others feel that what is provided is actually misinformation and should be pointed out so the innocent are not led astray.

JMintzer 12-10-2023 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2281260)
Point taken. But, please understand that there are others that others feel that what is provided is actually misinformation and should be pointed out so the innocent are not led astray.

Innocents should be quite capable of receiving any and all information and making up their own mind...

golfing eagles 12-10-2023 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2281260)

Actually, it is those that disagree with his presentations that are misleading people. Of course, since those in power in the false climate change narratives have $130 TRILLION to gain, it should not come as a surprise to anyone. As far as "boiling oceans" go,---what a time saver---I can pull out a lobster and put in right on my plate. Can dip a cup of butter in while I do it. :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Byte1 12-10-2023 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2281274)
Actually, it is those that disagree with his presentations that are misleading people. Of course, since those in power in the false climate change narratives have $130 TRILLION to gain, it should not come as a surprise to anyone. As far as "boiling oceans" go,---what a time saver---I can pull out a lobster and put in right on my plate. Can dip a cup of butter in while I do it. :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

:mmmm: :thumbup: :highfive:

fdpaq0580 12-11-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2281274)
Actually,
As far as "boiling oceans" go,---what a time saver---I can pull out a lobster and put in right on my plate. Can dip a cup of butter in while I do it. :1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Yeah. What a wonderful thought

Except there would be no lobster. No life of any kind, save possibly pod scum.

Topspinmo 12-11-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianL99 (Post 2281010)
I think there was a typo in the original post. He must have meant to type "roiling".

As for the gloves, a lot folks are wearing gloves in Bridgeport, CT this morning ... it was in the 30's.

I seen people wearing gloves and parka’s here in villages this morning.

fdpaq0580 12-11-2023 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2281522)
I seen people wearing gloves and parka’s here in villages this morning.

Must be locals.

fdpaq0580 12-11-2023 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMintzer (Post 2281262)
Innocents should be quite capable of receiving any and all information and making up their own mind...

Innocents make up their minds not by analyzing, but by believing what they have been told by people they (rightly or wrongly) trust. Santa Clause, tooth fairy, Easter bunny, etc. Even seemingly rational adults put their belief and trust in the blather and baloney that masquerades as truth (like flat earth, non-anthropogenic climate change, etc). An old saying, "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions" should have a disclaimer stating that many of those good intentions are the result of faith in misinformation.

Now it's time for you to say, "It's not me! It's you!"

golfing eagles 12-11-2023 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2281570)
Innocents make up their minds not by analyzing, but by believing what they have been told by people they (rightly or wrongly) trust. Santa Clause, tooth fairy, Easter bunny, etc. Even seemingly rational adults put their belief and trust in the blather and baloney that masquerades as truth (like flat earth, non-anthropogenic climate change, etc). An old saying, "the road to Hell is paved with good intentions" should have a disclaimer stating that many of those good intentions are the result of faith in misinformation.

Now it's time for you to say, "It's not me! It's you!"

Your list is incomplete. Santa Clause, tooth fairy, Easter bunny, and man-made climate change.