Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   NFL Football (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/)
-   -   POLL - Will Tom Brady play next season? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nfl-football-328/poll-will-tom-brady-play-next-season-337009/)

Tvflguy 11-28-2022 09:51 AM

POLL - Will Tom Brady play next season?

Will Brady play in the NFL next season?

Stu from NYC 11-28-2022 09:59 AM

Unless he thinks they can compete for championship what is the point?

Two Bills 11-28-2022 10:11 AM

I heard he is retiring to The Villages to coach Pickle ball at end of season! :icon_wink:

tophcfa 11-28-2022 11:47 AM

He no longer has the “it’s me or football” thing hanging over his head from Gisele.

Stu from NYC 11-28-2022 11:58 AM

He has been talking to Belicheck so hang on to your hats.

karostay 11-28-2022 12:26 PM

Certainly hope not

tvbound 11-28-2022 02:32 PM

I would bet that he doesn't play (or even coach) next year, but could easily see him getting a lucrative commentator deal somewhere. I want to believe he's basically a good person/parent and I think spending more time with his kids, will become a bigger priority in the coming years. He's undeniably established himself as the GOAT and even with that still big chip on his shoulder from the draft sitting there - what's left to prove?

Jayhawk 11-28-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tvbound (Post 2161411)
I would bet that he doesn't play (or even coach) next year, but could easily see him getting a lucrative commentator deal somewhere.

He already did:

Brady recently signed a 10-year deal with Fox Sports for $375 million to be a lead NFL analyst on-air, although that won't start until he's finished playing.

NFL 2022: Tom Brady, Fox Sports contract, retirement TV deal, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, how much money does Tom Brady make?

kingofbeer 11-28-2022 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tvflguy (Post 2161339)
Will Brady play in the NFL next season?

no... he should have stayed retired. Team is not too good this year.

ithos 11-29-2022 05:07 AM

Maybe Fox will reconsider after the FTX fiasco that "laser eyes" Brady was a bigtime shill for.

Sam Bankman-Fried and Tom Brady #ftx #sbf - YouTube

MorTech 11-29-2022 05:10 AM

No he won't. He had to play another year to pay for his divorce lawyer.

Worldseries27 11-29-2022 05:32 AM

The brady affair

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvflguy (Post 2161339)
will brady play in the nfl next season?

the simple answer to this question is it depends on the performance of miami qb tua tagovailoa in this years playoffs.
Tb12 had publicly stated to the public and his wife gb that he would play to age 45 and retire. That was the plan that was upset by the ownership of the dolphins who approached tb12 with a lucrative offer of minority team ownership and salary if he switched teams after this season. Before the deal was completed it was exposed by discharged miami coach flores in his lawsuit vs the nfl. This blindsided tb12's wife gb who learned for the first time that her husband had no intention of keeping his commitment, hence the seperation and divorce. To the present, if tua fails say, miserably, nothing can stop tb12 and the dolphins from consummating their original deal. Team ownership was the holy grail tb12 was seeking. It cost him a lot but he was determined not to make john elway's
nearly billion dollar mistake. Time will tell us all if " all that glitters is not gold"

Worldseries27 11-29-2022 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingofbeer (Post 2161450)
no... He should have stayed retired. Team is not too good this year.

no one should underestimate tb12's desire to put all his nfl records beyond reach. The last thing on earth he wants to see is any of them broken by any player today or in the future, especially during his lifetime. He has never gotten over being drafted in the 6th round # 199.

La lamy 11-29-2022 06:44 AM

I think so. No Gisele to go home to. :cryin2:

ThirdOfFive 11-29-2022 07:01 AM

I think he will. TB is not great this year but even at 5-6 still lead their division, so odds are good that Brady will be in the playoffs yet another time, and if that happens, Brady is still—well—Brady. He still has the skills: he’s ranked 10th in the QB rankings, ahead of some playing with teams flying a lot higher than TB: Kirk Cousins, for example, is ranked 13th, and his team, the Vikings, are flying high at 9-2.

Plus, he’ll undoubtedly command an insane salary if he DOES play in 2023.

Yeah, he’ll be back.