Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   I LOVE to paint pictures of dogs. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/i-love-paint-pictures-dogs-110223/)

graciegirl 04-04-2014 06:39 AM

I LOVE to paint pictures of dogs.

1 Attachment(s)
We don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

About six weeks ago I purchased for myself my first set of "grown up" water color paints, brushes and paper. I began painting with CFrance's dog Crosby and then on to Bare's three, one who has crossed the rainbow bridge and Biggins who I just began his picture below. I painted Mozart our neighbor dog and today received pictures in the mail of Heidi, from his mom. When I am finished, I would love to paint, for FREE, some more doggies that are loved.

I am very much an amateur, but it keeps me busy and out of bars and I really love doing it.

If you would like me to paint your pup, FOR FREE, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face. I met a doggie last night named Molly who is part of the single's group, maybe her dad could post her picture. I can do one a week. And please lie if you don't like them.

I know we would all enjoy seeing closeup's of your loved dogs.

Below is first stage of Bare's Biggins. I know his eyes are darker Bare and his nose is more pointy. And his complexion is more dark. And I have just started his nose. He is SO cute.

Golfingnut 04-04-2014 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 37062
Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 856179)
we don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

About six weeks ago i purchased for myself my first set of "grown up" water color paints, brushes and paper. I began painting with cfrance's dog crosby and then on to bare's three, one who has crossed the rainbow bridge and biggins who i just began his picture below. I painted mozart our neighbor dog and today received pictures in the mail of heidi, from his mom. When i am finished, i would love to paint, for free, some more doggies that are loved.

I am very much an amateur, but it keeps me busy and out of bars and i really love doing it.

If you would like me to paint your pup, for free, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face. I met a doggie last night named molly who is part of the single's group, maybe her dad could post her picture. I can do one a week. And please lie if you don't like them.

Below is first stage of bare's biggins. I know his eyes are darker bare and his nose is more pointy. And his complexion is more dark. And i have just started his nose. He is so cute.

This is our Mr. Buster
Attachment 37062

Your friend, Golfingnut

Trayderjoe 04-04-2014 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 856179)
We don't have one at our home, but we so enjoy our friends dogs.

About six weeks ago I purchased for myself my first set of "grown up" water color paints, brushes and paper. I began painting with CFrance's dog Crosby and then on to Bare's three, one who has crossed the rainbow bridge and Biggins who I just began his picture below. I painted Mozart our neighbor dog and today received pictures in the mail of Heidi, from his mom. When I am finished, I would love to paint, for FREE, some more doggies that are loved.

I am very much an amateur, but it keeps me busy and out of bars and I really love doing it.

If you would like me to paint your pup, FOR FREE, please show us on this forum a close up of his or her dear face. I met a doggie last night named Molly who is part of the single's group, maybe her dad could post her picture. I can do one a week. And please lie if you don't like them.

Below is first stage of Bare's Biggins. I know his eyes are darker Bare and his nose is more pointy. And his complexion is more dark. And I have just started his nose. He is SO cute.

How kind of you Gracie! :BigApplause: :BigApplause: :BigApplause:

Cedwards38 04-04-2014 06:57 AM

Well done indeed!:BigApplause:

Jaggy 04-04-2014 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just have to show off my cute Millie..!!! She is a stinker but we love her.. Meet her at Doggie Doo Run Run every morning.. cause if we don't take her, we pay for it later in the day !!!

Golfingnut 04-04-2014 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggy (Post 856194)
Just have to show off my cute Millie..!!! She is a stinker but we love her.. Meet her at Doggie Doo Run Run every morning.. cause if we don't take her, we pay for it later in the day !!!

Attachment 37072

I understand completely. Mr. Buster is blind, deaf and 18 years old, but about 3 PM he lets us know it is time to go for a golf cart ride to get the mail. His nose goes 90 miles an hour all the way there and back. I love him so much, I may go with him when the time comes.

shcisamax 04-04-2014 07:32 AM

WHAT A GREAT THREAD! Gracie you are just the cat's meow...or should I say the dog's bark....It put a smile on my face to have a thread that is related to being wonderfully engaged in enjoying life and giving joy to others rather than moaning about the petty inconveniences of what are amazing times in our lives. THANK YOU GRACIE FOR STARTING MY DAY WITH A JOYFUL SMILE. BTW: I can't post a photo of Duncan..it is that nincumpoop syndrome..but will email you one if you like. As a matter of fact, I'm on my way in few moments nearby to you to Buffalo Ridge because he has something in his paw which he can't stop licking incessantly and, typical of brilliant Aussies, he manages to get off the collar, bandages, the socks, every contraption I put on to keep him from making it worse. :)

Golfingnut 04-04-2014 07:36 AM

I will second that emotion. I get up early and listen to last nights news and it leaves me depressed. A thread like Gracie gave us here has changed my gloom to a big smile. Thank you Gracie. Give us a new reason to get off on the right foot every morning.

Lou
Golfingnut.

OpusX1 04-04-2014 08:01 AM

You are doing a good job. Biggins looks like Biggins.

Taltarzac725 04-04-2014 08:11 AM

This is our Sport.

Sport knows Biggins and Millie.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ps22253a3a.jpg

The top picture is by Debra Raskin. The bottom is by Grace who is one of the many Graces who come to Doggie Doo Run Run.

Some more of Ms. Raskin's pictures-- http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/d...lleryid=124718

Sport is struggling with heart disease so he does not come to Doggie Doo Run Run as much as he would like to.

shcisamax 04-04-2014 10:16 AM

I am amazed at the endless talents of you, Gracie! You are really good!

marianne237 04-04-2014 12:56 PM

Gracie, you just made my day. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and kindness. And, you can't prove to me that you're just an amateur painter. Happiness with your latest hobby.

Carl in Tampa 04-04-2014 01:08 PM

Gracie, how very thoughtful and loving of you. You are making a lot of people very happy, including many who will derive joy from having a watercolor of their pets who are no longer with them.

You are a great asset to our community.

skyguy79 04-04-2014 02:15 PM

Wow Gracie! The popularity of your talents are going to get you so bogged down that I might have to learn to paint just to help you keep up with the orders! :D

redwitch 04-04-2014 02:56 PM

The ever-so-gracious Gracie (no, I'm not being snide nor sarcastic). What a wonderful offer. LMK when you're ready to do a kitty cat. I would dearly love one of my recently departed Gabby and my lovable Bo.