Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   If you are looking for a home in The Villages. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/if-you-looking-home-villages-250131/)

graciegirl 11-27-2017 11:06 AM

If you are looking for a home in The Villages.

And if it is a resale and you wonder how much it sold for in the past;

You can find the price on Sumterpa.com or Marion County Property Appraiser's site or Lake County Property Appraiser's site.

It is good to know.

But do NOT type in last part of address, such as Loop, Boulevard, Street, Avenue. It won't take you to the right place. So if you are looking for 298 Bradford Court. Leave off the "court" part.

graciegirl 11-27-2017 11:28 AM

Also. sumterpa.com shows how a home is situated on a lot in relation to view etc.

Cisco Kid 11-27-2017 11:30 AM

I am waiting for the price collapse , because of the 1/3 expansion, the third GEN developers, and all the Finnegans run a muck, cut backs on the cheese.

dewilson58 11-27-2017 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1481637)
Also. sumterpa.com shows how a home is situated on a lot in relation to view etc.

IS THAT A "P" IN SUMTER????

Oh wait, guess not.

:ohdear:

graciegirl 11-27-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1481643)
IS THAT A "P" IN SUMTER????

Oh wait, guess not.

:ohdear:

Whew.

Plowboy 11-27-2017 11:56 AM

Hire your own appraiser unless your buying new. There are realtors out there willing to take advantage of gullible old folks that come from the north where homes cost and sell for a lot more.

graciegirl 11-27-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 1481650)
Hire your own appraiser unless your buying new. There are realtors out there willing to take advantage of gullible old folks that come from the north where homes cost and sell for a lot more.

:yuck:

No age bias please.

Older buyers are far more savvy than younger ones. This isn't our first rodeo.

GoodLife 11-27-2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1481630)
And if it is a resale and you wonder how much it sold for in the past;

You can find the price on Sumterpa.com or Marion County Property Appraiser's site or Lake County Property Appraiser's site.

It is good to know.

But do NOT type in last part of address, such as Loop, Boulevard, Street, Avenue. It won't take you to the right place. So if you are looking for 298 Bradford Court. Leave off the "court" part.

You can find the same info on Zillow, in fact it is better because it will show all the sales prices paid since home was built, plus tax history. Just type in full address for property and scroll down and click on price/tax history and you will see everything.

GoodLife 11-27-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plowboy (Post 1481650)

Realtors want to sell their listings as fast as possible, that's how they get paid. If a listing is way over market value its usually due to an over zealous owner and a weak agent that couldn't talk sense into them.

Plowboy 11-27-2017 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1481694)
You can find the same info on Zillow, in fact it is better because it will show all the sales prices paid since home was built, plus tax history. Just type in full address for property and scroll down and click on price/tax history and you will see everything.

Good point, and easy is what us old folks need to ease the stress.

manaboutown 11-27-2017 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1481694)

:agree:

I use Zillow frequently. Don't know if Trulia, Redfin, Ziprealty or Realtor dot coms have all of the bells and whistles Zillow has.

manaboutown 11-27-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1481696)
Realtors want to sell their listings as fast as possible, that's how they get paid. If a listing is way over market value its usually due to an over zealous owner and a weak agent that couldn't talk sense into them.

:agree:

Happens all too often. Listing goes stale. Price comes down...

dewilson58 11-27-2017 02:42 PM

I have found fewer errors on the County sites, vs. Zillow's site.

samhass 11-27-2017 03:09 PM

I agree. I have put just about as much into my home as I paid for it.

GoodLife 11-27-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1481701)
I have found fewer errors on the County sites, vs. Zillow's site.

Zillow is not perfect, but I checked several properties I own or have owned and it was accurate.

The one thing I do not trust on Zillow is their "zestimate" on what a property is worth. They use a very simple algorithm that does not take into account upgrades in the home nor lot/view.