Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Nuts and bolts of The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nuts-bolts-villages-139/)
-   -   Lamp post House Signs-Vendor Options? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nuts-bolts-villages-139/lamp-post-house-signs-vendor-options-328835/)

Good Golly 02-03-2022 01:57 PM

Lamp post House Signs-Vendor Options?

I've ordered from "Signs by Jackie" as I had a certificate from my realtor after we bought a villa last summer.

I provided the graphic for the design (I'm a designer) and I didn't order anything complicated. It was not a great experience customer service wise but I proceeded to order. I went to pay and afterward was told the time frame for delivery is 10-12 weeks! I was assuming it was up to 3 weeks as their website stated. Not happy.

Any suggestions on vendors for address and name signs for the lamp post in TV, with a timely turnaround? I'm thinking of canceling that order.

OrangeBlossomBaby 02-03-2022 02:02 PM

You ordered something that isn't one of their standard options. You created your own new design. That means they have to create a new template, they can't use any of the dozens of existing templates. So they'll get to it when they get to it. Their standard stuff comes within 2-3 weeks, because they only have to pull out the existing templates and press them into the machine.

Also, you can't order a custom sign online, you have to call them and talk to someone directly. So it shouldn't matter what the website says about turnaround time, it should only matter what the person on the other end of the phone told you about turnaround time.

N44125 02-03-2022 02:16 PM

We used ACE Harware…

Ecuadog 02-03-2022 02:39 PM

Signs by Farris click here.

retiredguy123 02-03-2022 03:06 PM

It looks like there are lots of custom online sign vendors. You can get any size, material, and design you want. Am I missing something?

daveersk 02-03-2022 03:17 PM

ACE hardware, nice choices.

retiredguy123 02-03-2022 03:25 PM

Searching Amazon.com, there 20,000 outdoor sign options, starting at less than 10 dollars.

spk7951 02-03-2022 03:31 PM

3 months with Signs by Jackie is pretty much the norm now with all the new sales. We ordered our sign the end of Sept and it was finally installed around Christmas. And yes we did add a little personal change to our sign.

Good Golly 02-03-2022 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2056828)
It looks like there are lots of custom online sign vendors. You can get any size, material, and design you want. Am I missing something?

Just curious what others are doing. I like to see the physical sign before buying, I'm one of those picky graphic designers.

Good Golly 02-03-2022 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecuadog (Post 2056814)

Called them and waiting for a return call.

Good Golly 02-03-2022 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spk7951 (Post 2056842)
3 months with Signs by Jackie is pretty much the norm now with all the new sales. We ordered our sign the end of Sept and it was finally installed around Christmas. And yes we did add a little personal change to our sign.

Okay, thanks. I wish it was updated on their website or mentioned right up front.

Keith1911 02-04-2022 05:52 AM

We used Bob Martin Signs. Great quality and fast service. Came home one day and the sign was hanging on our lamp post!

mskaggs 02-04-2022 06:00 AM

I did a custom design as well. I didn’t want to order through Jackie’s, but ended up there anyway. I couldn’t get a return call from Farris. I didn’t like the ones at Ace (and wasn’t confident they could do custom, although to be fair I didn’t ask). So, I waited for the one fromJackie’s. Pro tip: don’t lose your order number. If you have a question during the wait time, the ONLY way they can look you up is by your order number. Weird…

jimdecastro 02-04-2022 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2056798)
You ordered something that isn't one of their standard options. You created your own new design. That means they have to create a new template, they can't use any of the dozens of existing templates. So they'll get to it when they get to it. Their standard stuff comes within 2-3 weeks, because they only have to pull out the existing templates and press them into the machine.

Also, you can't order a custom sign online, you have to call them and talk to someone directly. So it shouldn't matter what the website says about turnaround time, it should only matter what the person on the other end of the phone told you about turnaround time.

I just ordered a standard sign and was told it would take three months. Not three weeks.

Blackbird45 02-04-2022 06:22 AM

Need info

I bought one of those signs that lights up years ago from a vendor at Sumter landing.

The lights died, does anyone know are they still around?

I still have the glass design.