Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Collar Type Shirt For Golfing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/collar-type-shirt-golfing-151519/)

2BNTV 04-16-2015 01:50 PM

Collar Type Shirt For Golfing

I was informed today men need to wear a collar type shirt to golf on all executive course. My friend wife was wearing a non collared blouse and was allowed to play with no problem.

I don't have a problem wearing a collar type shirt but is the person who informed me is a stickler for the rules? Did anyone have a problem wearing a non collared shirt?

They supplied me with one and was told to have it washed and returned but I was still wondering if this is true! This curious mind wants to know!!!

graciegirl 04-16-2015 02:07 PM

Yes.

rustyp 04-16-2015 02:08 PM

http://www.golfthevillages.com/golf-...dgolfguide.pdf

Also near every starter shack is a bulletin board with a copy of the dress code posted.

misky 04-16-2015 02:14 PM

You even need a collared shirt to hit balls on the driving ranges at the country clubs.

obxgal 04-16-2015 02:17 PM

Page 14 from rustyp's link

How to Dress
The following dress code is for all Championship and
Executive Golf Courses, The Villages Golf Academy,
driving ranges, warm-up nets and putting greens.
The acceptable golf attire includes, but is not limited to,
the below:
• Shoes must be worn at all times when on the golf
courses. Tennis or golf shoes with soft spikes, or shoes
with no more than a 1-inch heel, are mandatory.
•Shorts or skirts must cover the majority of the thigh
and may not be cut-off or have holes.
• Denim pants are allowed.
• No overalls, tennis skirts, cut-offs, biking shorts,
bathing suits or athletic appare.

Dress Code for Men
• Shirts shall have a collar and
sleeves.
• Turtle-necks or mock
turtlenecks are acceptable. (Min.
11/4 inch collars)

Dress Code for Women
• Fashion Golf tops may be
without a collar but should not
expose the stomach and must
have straps at least 2-inches
wide.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 04-16-2015 02:20 PM

It's pretty SOP for every decent golf course in America. Problems arise when manufacturers start making non collared shirts especially for golf. It gets very difficult for the people who have to enforce the rule.

Most people won't have a problem with a nice shirt that doesn't have a collar. The problem is when people start wearing dirty tee ****s with Metallica printed across the front. It's unfair to leave the employees with the decision of what's OK and what's not. And it's not right from two perspectives. Number one, it puts the employee in a position to get arguments from people. Number two, it gives employees who are power crazed too much power. That's why it's best to just have a cut and dry rule.

When I was in that position, I would allow someone who was new to get away with it once. If a member complained, I would explain that the person was new and didn't know the rule. The next time he must be wearing proper attire but everyone got one pass unless they were someone that had been there many times before and knew the rule.

2BNTV 04-16-2015 03:15 PM

Thanks. I though she was "shooting me through the grease".

No problemo, going forward!!!!

alwann 04-16-2015 03:19 PM

Collar type shirt, maybe

At Truman/Roosevelt the other day, I saw a guy go off wearing a tee shirt. I shook my head in the direction of the starter. He just shrugged.

Is the dress code seasonal? I know jeans/denmin are okay in the winter, so why should the shirt style make a difference?

GPGuar 04-16-2015 03:38 PM

It happened to me also, I didn't know the dress code so I went home and put on a collared shirt no big deal. The next time I knew better!

Polar Bear 04-16-2015 03:51 PM

Like Doc said, pretty standard requirement on most golf courses.

MrGolf 04-16-2015 04:19 PM

I understand the collared shirt on the golf course but what a rediculous rule for the driving range. Give me a break.

Bogie Shooter 04-16-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1046164)
At Truman/Roosevelt the other day, I saw a guy go off wearing a tee shirt. I shook my head in the direction of the starter. He just shrugged.

Is the dress code seasonal? I know jeans/denmin are okay in the winter, so why should the shirt style make a difference?

The rules don't say anything about any rules being seasonal.

DougB 04-16-2015 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 1046105)
I was informed today men need to wear a collar type shirt to golf on all executive course. My friend wife was wearing a non collared blouse and was allowed to play with no problem.

I don't have a problem wearing a collar type shirt but is the person who informed me is a stickler for the rules? Did anyone have a problem wearing a non collared shirt?

They supplied me with one and was told to have it washed and returned but I was still wondering if this is true! This curious mind wants to know!!!

Yes, Joe it's true. I believe it is also mandatory for you to complete your golf attire with argyle sweater vest with tie, plaid knickers, sock/shoe covers, and a beret.

tomwed 04-16-2015 04:32 PM

I always wear two pairs of sox. Just in case I get a hole in one.

Barefoot 04-16-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1046164)

Not seasonal, denim is OK year round.
For men, shirts with collars are required all year long.
The starter shacks will even provide one if you forget.
Life is good in The Villages.