Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   New to TV, closing February 2024 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/new-tv-closing-february-2024-a-344280/)

loobob83 09-21-2023 06:58 AM

New to TV, closing February 2024

Good morning all,

Happy to be moving to TV (Dabney) in Feb 2024. Looking for someone to monitor / document our new home build with video / pics as we are not local. Anyone have any suggestions?

JMintzer 09-21-2023 07:30 AM

Don Wiley, aka "GoldWingNut"...

He posts quite often on ToTV...

Jayhawk 09-21-2023 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loobob83 (Post 2259067)
Good morning all,

Happy to be moving to TV (Dabney) in Feb 2024. Looking for someone to monitor / document our new home build with video / pics as we are not local. Anyone have any suggestions?

goldwingnut.com

TommyT 09-21-2023 08:29 AM

Contact Don. Click on the Below link even though it says 403 FORBIDDEN

403 Forbidden

loobob83 09-21-2023 09:06 AM

Thank you, have contacted Don. Much apprecaited.

villagetinker 09-21-2023 02:37 PM

I guess The Villages no longer offers this, we had our house built after purchasing the lot, and received weekly photos of the construction. I know for a fact that the gentleman that did this retired and moved out of TV, hopefully someone else will fill his shoes. I would ask you agent to see if they have a contact for this service, I am guessing there may be a cost, but on the other hand the phots will be very helpful in the future, I have referenced ours sveral times.

Bogie Shooter 09-21-2023 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2259221)
I guess The Villages no longer offers this, we had our house built after purchasing the lot, and received weekly photos of the construction. I know for a fact that the gentleman that did this retired and moved out of TV, hopefully someone else will fill his shoes. I would ask you agent to see if they have a contact for this service, I am guessing there may be a cost, but on the other hand the phots will be very helpful in the future, I have referenced ours sveral times.

As noted , Don will provide that service……

MidWestIA 09-22-2023 05:47 AM

sales

My sales guy took pics of the build

Justputt 09-22-2023 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagetinker (Post 2259221)

They still do this. We are about finished construction in Dabney and have always had weekly photos sent to us.

jojoturf 09-22-2023 07:37 AM

Ask your realtor for weekly photos. Ours did that. Videos are pricey.

SusanStCatherine 09-22-2023 08:00 AM

Don Wiley (goldwingnut) took video and photos of our home construction. Worth every penny. He pointed out many defects that were corrected before closing.

SusanStCatherine 09-22-2023 08:05 AM

Based on personal experience, I suggest booking a home inspection a day or two after closing. You have only seven days to report any cosmetic issues. We had tons we found ourselves. An inspection report has more weight. At a minimum have someone with an eye for details to look over everything. Good luck!

Stu from NYC 09-22-2023 08:06 AM

Don for sure

OhioBuckeye 09-23-2023 09:03 AM

Build or buy what you can afford. A lot of people build or buy here because it’s a Disneyland for older citizens or retirees. Like we were told buy our realtor the bigger percentage of the people who move to TV will buy a 2nd or 3rd home. We really miss TV but we think our children were more important and unfortunately one lives in Texas where we chose to move to & our other child & his family live in Ohio, we miss them dearly.Wherever you buy in TV you won’t go wrong but some people will tell you some place are very clickish . We always liked the south end, we got along with everybody there unfortunately I can’t speak for any other part of TV. WARNING: don’t get it in your head about building a home the way you want or try to wheel & deal, it’s safe to tell you, you get what TV builds. Good luck, you’ll love TV!

sowilts 09-23-2023 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye (Post 2259729)
Build or buy what you can afford. A lot of people build or buy here because it’s a Disneyland for older citizens or retirees. Like we were told buy our realtor the bigger percentage of the people who move to TV will buy a 2nd or 3rd home. We really miss TV but we think our children were more important and unfortunately one lives in Texas where we chose to move to & our other child & his family live in Ohio, we miss them dearly.Wherever you buy in TV you won’t go wrong but some people will tell you some place are very clickish . We always liked the south end, we got along with everybody there unfortunately I can’t speak for any other part of TV. WARNING: don’t get it in your head about building a home the way you want or try to wheel & deal, it’s safe to tell you, you get what TV builds. Good luck, you’ll love TV!

Was able to build exactly what my wife wanted and I wanted a cart garage on a lot that I was told was too narrow. Had them move the home back ten feet and after a call, it was approved. The Villages will work with you. Amazing place to live. Very safe and fantastic neighbors. Was told recently by Sumter County that our home is good enough to shelter in place during storms. Excellent construction.