Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Fall Weather (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/fall-weather-10000/)

bogart 10-11-2007 11:30 AM

Fall Weather

We'll be spending our first Fall in The Villages arriving the end of next week (Oct 19th). Will anyone be brave enough to predict the weather that we might expect? We're coming from Colorado and are already transitioning into wintry clothes here, i.e. long pants, sweatshirts, real shoes, etc. Since we'll be coming back to CO for Thanksgiving through New Year's, we only need the proper clothing for a few weeks. I assume I'll have to try to squeeze into my swimming suit as the pools should still be pleasant --- right?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

GO ROCKIES :hot:

villages07 10-11-2007 12:16 PM

Re: Fall Weather

bogie....normal high right now is 84 and it's been warmer than that; from now to Thanksgiving, you should expect highs in 80s then more 70s and lows at night 60s and maybe some 50s by TG. Light jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings should be fine. Shorts and swimsuits during the day. Pools will still be great...even if it gets cool, water stays heated to 82 degrees. Right now they are wonderful. It's a beautful time of year...we are transitioning from the rainy season to cooler and drier days.

bogart 10-11-2007 06:57 PM

Thanks, 07 - lots of good information. Now I have a much better idea as to what should go into the suitcases. It appears we'll be exchanging some nice weather here for equally nice days in FL. What a life !

Barefoot 10-11-2007 07:01 PM

I've been wondering what to pack for January/February weather? Should I bring bulky sweaters and wool pants for evenings? (I promise to leave my down-filled parka at home in Canada.)

coach 10-11-2007 08:17 PM

Bare...

Jan. & Feb will have some cool days and sort of cold nights. I think a common mistake many people make is getting rid of all winter coats when moving to TV. I wear sweaters, sweatshirts, flannel shirts, litewight jackets, even gloves and hats during Jan./Feb. I also have a small butane heater for the golf cart. It makes for a toasty ride at night.

You will be fine and I know you are excited. Have a great adventure.
Coach

zcaveman 10-11-2007 08:34 PM

In Jan and Feb, I wear jeans with legs (really feels weird since I wear shorts the rest of the year) and a sweatshirt with short sleeves. If it gets cold, I put on a windbreaker until it warms up.

Barefoot 10-11-2007 11:17 PM

Coach, thanks for the weather update; I had a feeling I would need some warmish clothes in Jan/Feb. Xcaveman, sorry to hear about Ralph although the flush memorial sounds appropriate. Weather in TV sounds perfect to me.