Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   On our way (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/our-way-10014/)

mom2five 10-12-2007 08:06 AM

On our way

This will be my last post from Canada. Yah! We leave for TV tomorrow morning and close on our new home on Monday. The only things we are bringing with us besides our clothes are an air mattress and a couple of lawn chairs. I will be using our 10% credit to furnish the house but will be watching here for any FOR SALE items to get us set up. Not sure how long it will take Comcast to get us set up on the internet so I will be looking to use the WIFI spots . Anyone know which is the closest one to the Village of Amelia.

I am so glad that I found this site because i Know it will be so useful in the coming weeks.

Can't wait to get there.

Donna 10-12-2007 08:26 AM

Re: On our way

Hey Mom..Best of luck to you guys..

We are coming down on the 26th for 2 weeks..

I too cannot wait to get there..
have a safe trip and I hope to see you in TV, maybe we can get together for coffee...

:bigthumbsup:

pgilson 10-12-2007 09:16 AM

:welcome:

You will love it here. Only thing you'll miss is Don Cherry and "Hockey Night in Canada".

Barefoot 10-12-2007 02:20 PM

Mom2five
Please let us know what route you end up taking. We'll be driving down from Canada Oct. 22. ---- I'm hoping for your input as to routes.

Since you only have two chairs, you can visit us for coffee. We have four chairs and a patio table! True luxury. Also, we splurged and ordered a king-size bed from Southern Lifestyles that will be set up before we arrive. Yay. We don't have a credit at SL (resale) so we plan to furnish through consignment stores.

If you find any good garage sales, please let me know. We need to shop till we drop.

Good luck with your drive!

ripwho 10-12-2007 08:16 PM

'mom2' - good luck and safe travel! I'm jealous (in a good way)..

RCT 10-12-2007 08:38 PM

Starbuck's at Lake Sumter Landing i think is closest to you for WiFi. Am jealous but happy for you. will be there permanently in four months or so. Have a great trip!!

patfinn 10-12-2007 09:02 PM

Have a safe trip. I leave next week so I will be right behind you! Exciting times for sure.

Pat

scottke 10-13-2007 06:54 AM

Great going Mom2Five - have a safe trip and enjoy your new home and the shopping spree decorating. Hope to see you there. We'll be down in February for 9 days. Maybe, just maybe, our house will have a bite by then and we'll be buying. The house is on the market now and I'm burying St. Joseph this weekend. Can't wait to be the one that says "we're on our way! :)"

Donna 10-13-2007 08:00 AM

Scott...
Best of luck to you too :bigthumbsup:
The Villages will never be the same once we get there... :hot: :beer3:

TV MAN 10-13-2007 12:18 PM

:welcome:mom2five.

We just closed at the end of Nov also in Amelia. Great little place. :bigthumbsup: Having builders punch list done but wont be back until Nov :'( So we spent a lot of time power shopping after we closed hope to have it all set by the time we return for a short but happy time. ;D

Becky 10-13-2007 03:18 PM

Mom2five, another one here for Amelia! Bought in July but not down permenately yet. Also as TV Man, will be down in Nov! Hope to meet all of you someday!

Becky