Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Let's talk Turkey! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lets-talk-turkey-10078/)

Becky 10-16-2007 04:15 PM

Let's talk Turkey!

Does anyone know if any of the country clubs have a buffet for Thanksgiving? Or which ones are open? Thanks!

Becky

Talk Host 10-16-2007 04:19 PM

Re: Let's talk Turkey!

Here in the Villages all the restaurants, on Thanksgiving, serve liver. ;D

ripwho 10-16-2007 05:41 PM

calves or beef ???? ;D

Becky 10-16-2007 08:20 PM

Ok Talk Host! Let's downscale this question then - any pizza places open???? :(

Becky

The Great Fumar 10-16-2007 08:31 PM

Becky
Talk host is correct, all the restaurants in the Villages serve Buffalo Liver for Thankgiving . Its a tradition here and lots of us look forward to it. A few years ago there was a shortage of Buffalo Liver in Florida and so the Locals served Beef Liver and the out cry was huge....So I doubt they will ever make that mistake again....Anyway try it , you'll like it and save a drumstick for me.... :verymad:

Becky 10-17-2007 04:37 AM

Boy that's a new one for me! Liver! :o Is this kinda like 'kraut New Years Day? Don't worry - you guys will have plenty- you can have my share! Can I still get turkey???? ;D

Thanks!

Becky

villages07 10-17-2007 08:10 AM

Becky...sure won't catch me eating liver on Thanksgiving. Last year we went to Mallory Hill CC for TG dinner...wasn't a buffet but was plenty of food and pretty tasty...all the traditional TG fixins (and no liver). They should be open by TG. Anyway, start looking for ads in the Daily Sun for TG dinner specials at the various clubs. They should start appearing in the next couple of weeks.

MinnieM 10-17-2007 09:00 AM

Orange Blossom Country Club serves a great buffet for Thanksgiving. I have gone 2 years in a row and have not been disappointed yet.

beady 10-17-2007 09:02 AM

For real, buffalo liver? I love liver, never had buffalo. I assume you get some turkey and the fixins. I guess I am in for a bunch of new experiences in TV, moving in. meeting new neighbors, Thankgiving in Florida and buffalo liver. Who knew!!!!! ::) ::)

Peggy D 10-17-2007 10:56 AM

Same question, but for Christmas. Does any place serve dinner?

Just don't tell me they serve liver for that too!

Peggy D

Taltarzac 10-17-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beady
For real, buffalo liver? I love liver, never had buffalo. I assume you get some turkey and the fixins. I guess I am in for a bunch of new experiences in TV, moving in. meeting new neighbors, Thankgiving in Florida and buffalo liver. Who knew!!!!! ::) ::)

Do they serve the buffalo too at some point in time? Doubt if a buffalo can live without its liver. :joke:

I have to avoid high iron content foods like liver though.

Russ_Boston 10-17-2007 12:54 PM

Maybe they get a liver transplant from all the dead turkeys! :joke:

Taltarzac 10-17-2007 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Maybe they get a liver transplant from all the dead turkeys! :joke:

Maybe. It would probably take 10 turkey livers-- at least-- to make up one buffalo liver. Could we call this Frankenliver? :joke:

Becky 10-17-2007 03:29 PM

Villages07, I am in Ohio now but will be down for T-giving. Don't receive the Daily Sun. But if you happen to see any ads please feel free to send me an email! Am going to call and see when Mallory will open up! Thanks for all the advice (even the liver!) ;D

Becky

Russ_Boston 10-17-2007 05:32 PM

Taltarzac - I think we'd have to mix in a little pasta along with the liver.

You know how Buffaloes like to Rome :joke: