Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Good Bagels Anywhere? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/good-bagels-anywhere-10100/)

ibikealot 10-18-2007 10:18 AM

Good Bagels Anywhere?

Where is the best place to get good bagels? Is Einstein's the only game in town? I don't want rollgels (those puffy rings that are not boiled), but the real thing.

Donna 10-18-2007 11:47 AM

Re: Good Bagels Anywhere?

Good bagels..I haven't had a good bagel since I left Brooklyn.. :(
My prayers would be answered if TV had good bagels.. :dontknow:

Villages Kahuna 10-19-2007 12:37 AM

I'm With You...Oh, For A Good "Boiled & Baked" Bagel

And how about some good belly lox and some homemade garlic and herb cream cheese to spread on first? Then the lox and thin-sliced onion, tomato and cucumber.

Wow! You have my mouth watering and it's not even breakfast.

Donna 10-19-2007 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna
And how about some good belly lox and some homemade garlic and herb cream cheese to spread on first? Then the lox and thin-sliced onion, tomato and cucumber.

Wow! You have my mouth watering and it's not even breakfast.

Now my mouth is watering!!! ;D

ripwho 10-19-2007 06:11 AM

donna - dont get jealous now... Monday I'll be commuting back down to midtown Manhattan (on the job from Buffalo area).. first order of biz is to order a NYC bagel for breakfast...

Donna 10-19-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ripwho
donna - dont get jealous now... Monday I'll be commuting back down to midtown Manhattan (on the job from Buffalo area).. first order of biz is to order a NYC bagel for breakfast...

Ripwho..Please have a Pastrami for me ( a real Pastrami) and a knish!! :bigthumbsup:

Hyacinth Bucket 10-19-2007 04:05 PM

Now I know how we will pay for our house. I will stop at Carnegie Deli in NYC or Zabar's and buy them out. Then I will open a Kiosk, centrally located in TV and sell all of these wonderful items.

That is, if we don't eat them ourselves.

Hyacinth Bucket

Donna 10-19-2007 04:11 PM

Great idea...HB :bigthumbsup:
I will be your first customer... ;D

Hyacinth Bucket 10-19-2007 04:15 PM

Donna, I have my order pad ready. One question, will I get a good tip for this service? lol

Hyacinth Bucket

ripwho 10-19-2007 05:30 PM

donna - Pastrami is for lunch !!!!! :bigthumbsup:

gingersmom 11-06-2007 08:48 PM

There is an excellent Bagel Shop in Ocala right off of 200 & 17th. It's in the same shopping center as a Payless Shoe Store and Kmart and a CC's Pizzza. They're made there and they are authentic. It's on the way to Paddock Mall. Totally worth the drive.

Hyacinth Bucket 11-06-2007 08:51 PM

Hi, I have had bagels from this shop. They are good, not as good as NYC ones, but quite good. Have also had them frozen and they tasted good.

HB

nhsnowbird 11-06-2007 10:32 PM

We lived in NJ for about 7 years and got used to "great" bagels ... Panera's are not bad and their sandwiches are pretty good.

bargee 11-06-2007 11:00 PM

Toojays!!!

ibikealot 11-07-2007 07:27 PM

Are Toojay's bagels good? Do they sell them by the dozen or only as part of sandwiches?