Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   TOTV server is running slow. Hang in there with us. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/totv-server-running-slow-hang-there-us-10120/)

Talk Host 10-19-2007 05:04 PM

TOTV server is running slow. Hang in there with us.

Our service provider "DotEasy" has been made aware of the slow server problem. We have spoken on your behalf. TOTV administrators are currently waiting to hear from "support" at "Doteasy." We are biting our finger nails waiting to hear something. It has been running slower than normal for a couple of weeks and we have been on them about it. If they don't correct it soon, I will get on an airplane and fly up to Canada where they are and fix it myself. ;D

Stay tuned

Donna 10-19-2007 05:25 PM

Re: TOTV server is running slow. Hang in there with us.

:o :realmad: :cus:
OMG..the withdrawls are starting... :edit: >:(

Becky 10-19-2007 06:43 PM

Just please turn off the time counter! Looks like I have no life when things are loading this slow! Ok - I have no life! ;D Hope we're up and running soon!

Becky

bestmickey 10-19-2007 10:10 PM

I'm so happy it's a problem with your server! I was afraid it was my computer.

It's excruciatingly slow. :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: Didn't even keep trying to get in earlier today. At this hour, with fewer folks on-line I'll sit and wait for things to load up. I'm bored.

ripwho 10-20-2007 06:32 AM

talk host - server appears a little quicker this morning compared to last nite... still a slight delay.. thanks for working the issue!

jadebox 10-20-2007 06:43 AM

The server seems to have a problem when there are more logged on. Fast this am but we shall see how it is at the more popular time of day. Hope it is fixed though.

Talk Host 10-20-2007 06:48 AM

Our IT partner Darrel was up all night long trying to get this fixed. He drank six pots of coffee. We are prepared to make some significant managment decisions in order to protect your access to this site. It's not easy, but we are working on it, and it will be fixed to everybody's satisfaction.

jjdees 10-20-2007 06:58 AM

God, this reminds me of work prior to retirement.

beady 10-20-2007 08:31 AM

Happy to see I am not the only one having withdrawal. ::) ::)
When I tried to get on last night at 9ish and couldn't I thought it was me. My husband was successful logging on and said the count of people online at that time was 40 and I should wait until a less busy time.
FYI this was the first time I experienced any delays. I log in both from home and work and have never had a problem until last night.

dklassen 10-20-2007 09:55 AM

We truly appreciate your patience and loyalty to TOTV. It seems to be a little better today but we are still working on the move. A new host has been secured but it takes a day or so for the account to become active with the new domain.

I'll do my best to keep everyone informed on the progress. There may be some downtime during the move but hopefully it should be minimal.

Thanks
TOTV Admin.

villages07 10-20-2007 10:02 AM

Darrel, Jan and Tony....thanks for all your efforts; you have created a monster and it needs to be fed!!! You see how cranky we all get without our daily TOTV fix. Seems to be running a lot better today. Keep up the good work. :bigthumbsup:

rdkent 10-20-2007 11:50 AM

Admin - we appreciate your efforts. You've done a great job with this site, and you're doing a great job overcoming the problems. Thanks again.

pili 10-20-2007 01:24 PM

I was wondering why it was running sooo slow yesterday. It took forever to log me in. Today, seems to run fine. Thanks for the good work and taking steps to fix the problem.

Pili

dklassen 10-20-2007 01:27 PM

All,

Our host is getting ready to migrate us to a new server. Hang on to your hats and hope for a smooth ride.

TOTV
Admin

schotzyb 10-20-2007 01:29 PM

Admins, Thanks for the hard work. Not quiet back to normal but almost.