Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   ATTENTION TOTV ADDICTS (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/attention-totv-addicts-10157/)

handieman 10-22-2007 06:02 PM

ATTENTION TOTV ADDICTS

:welcome:
There will be a group meeting tonight at 9PM EDT in the chat room. Tonight's topic will be on "how to deal with the withdrawal symptoms of a nearly nonfunctional web site"
Coffee will be served. A donation of a dollar in the basket would be appreciated to fund ongoing group meetings if needed.
Donna will be the coffee hostess with F16 leading us in the serenity prayer and village07 acting as Sargeant of Arms
As for me, well, I'm
Handie :joke:

scottke 10-22-2007 07:26 PM

Re: ATTENTION TOTV ADDICTS

Handie, my sight doesn't have any Chat places to get in. No Chat up at the top where it says Home, Forum, etc. and no Chat on the Home page on the left side. Where is it? Am I missing something? :dontknow:

DickY 10-22-2007 07:42 PM

One of the admins said the chat room is still there, just not visible from the menu temporarily. The link is: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/smf/chat/ You need to enter your username and password to get in.

Donna 10-22-2007 08:02 PM

Handi..

I like that idea about the chat meeting at 9:00, the coffee, donuts, etc... :bigthumbsup:

I was just in chat and had to leave to get to Anger Management Class.... :realmad:

I am getting ready to throw the computer through the window... :cus:

nONIE 10-22-2007 09:36 PM

Donna,

I was in chat tonight about 6;30, saw you were in there too and I was talking away to you but no answer :dontknow: were you away for awhile or was the website on the fritz again ??? Fina lly got frustrated and left >:( I think Ill join you in anger management classes. This withdrawl is painful!!! Handi must really be in agony hu?

Donna 10-23-2007 12:10 AM

Nonie,

I was there for a while..I kept trying to type and the words took so long to post, I got crazy and left...LOL

Patience is Not my virtue...haha :o

I heard Handi is going for shock treatments... :yikes:

punkpup 10-23-2007 05:25 AM

You guys are a hoot 8)

Perhaps we need withdrawal therapy, lol.

Whatever did we do before cell phones, voice mail, e mail etc? :o

I am on the road all day for work, thankfully I can text message my nephew, check e mail and ebay all on my phone.

Take care

bamafan 10-23-2007 06:56 AM

Donna, We missed you and handie at the chat last night. I wanted my coffee and doughnuts. I even brought a dollar for the basket. Have a good day

Donna 10-23-2007 07:01 AM

Morning Bama,

I did miss being there with all of you fellow addicts!! :o I was there and had a problem with the site, so I left..:(

I heard Handi was getting some Prozac and shock treatments..

I will be there tonight with donuts, coffee and bells on...The best news is, I will be in TV this friday for 13 days... :2excited: :hot: :beer3:

See ya later! :bigthumbsup:

handieman 10-23-2007 09:24 AM

:redface:
You know, I made the original post just trying to be funny and lo and behold I was late for my own meeting, shame on me.
However, as always, the Villagers always come through, and there was a large group of chatters there when I arrived. So you see when the chips are down we as a group can conquer any obstacle including slow servers.
All my fears have been abated and I'm no longer in TOTV detox thanks to all the chatters who came through last night
Viva La TOTV ;D
Handie :joke:

The Great Fumar 10-23-2007 12:22 PM

Sorry guys
But i've been on a diet sense 1952........Are donuts the things with jelly or are they the one's with a hole in the middle.........

Just can't remember........Fumar

Donna 10-23-2007 12:31 PM

Fumar..I will see to it that some donuts are FAT FREE!!! ::)

All TOTV peeps are more than welcome into the chat room, some nights the conversations are very in depth about different subjects and some nights we all just act crazy..

There are lots of people there and it is a great place to meet friends! :bigthumbsup:

In any event, you will have a great time ... :beer2:

F16 1UB 10-23-2007 12:36 PM

Fumar,

You're close. Aren't the donuts the round things that are pressed out of the center of the dough? They come in assorted flavors. Maybe we should call them holenuts. Let me run that by Handie for approval. Bless you my son. See you around 9 PM.

Steve

Peggy D 10-23-2007 04:02 PM

What time are you guys in the chat? Everytime I check, no one is ever there.

One night, did see Donna was there, but no response. 'Must of been a night when her computer had a seizure (hate when that happens!!)

What time is the Chat Meeting tonight?

Any chance we can have Starbucks coffee?

:hot:

Donna 10-23-2007 04:06 PM

Hi Peggy,
Every one is usually in there starting about 8:30 ish...It gets busy, later at night..
I will try to get some Starbucks for you..I have to bring certain donuts for Fumar!! ;D