Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Wednesday update and public apology (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/wednesday-update-public-apology-10186/)

Talk Host 10-24-2007 04:52 PM

Wednesday update and public apology

Never in our wildest imagination did we think that TOTV would grow so fast and have so many members on line that we would clog the server. We thought that in maybe two or three years we would have to increase the bandwidth and server size. We apologize for underestimating the rapid growth of the site. We are taking all necessary corrective action.

The migration to the new server is going as planned. The domain name has been switched to the new host. The files necessary to run the forum have been copied to the new (and I add, very expensive ;D) dedicated server. Once the files are checked and determined to be in operating order, the plug will be pulled from the old "shared" server and moved several thousand miles away and plugged into the new dedicated server. There is alot of brainpower working on this (me not included). The hours chalked up by your administrators numbers now into the hundreds. BTW Darrel lives in San Diego and is doing this work as those fires burn nearby. His home is not in jeopardy, but they are concerned for their horse which is stabled at a ranch that is in harms way.

The administrators thank you for your understanding, encouragement, patience and kind words while this is going on. It's almost like waiting to move into your new home in the Villages, but having to live in the old one until all the paperwork is done.

Maybe someday, we'll make some money with the site. ;D Everybody, please tell your doctor, your barber, your restaurant, your dentist, your lumber yard, your ice cream store (Hey John) and everybody else that their add will be seen by tens of thousands of Village residents here at Talk of The Villages. :bigthumbsup:

Russ_Boston 10-24-2007 05:11 PM

Re: Wednesday update and public apology

Great job guys!

The server seems perfect tonight. My thoughts will be with those in SD including all God's creatures.

F16 1UB 10-24-2007 05:17 PM

You folks do what you have to do. 30 years 7 months and 21 days of "Hurry up and wait", this is a cake walk. Whenever you're through we'll be here.

Thanks

Steve
:bigthumbsup:

scottke 10-24-2007 05:52 PM

Great job - we know you are working hard. Thanks to all of you. :bigthumbsup:

beady 10-24-2007 06:43 PM

No apology needed.
You are all doing a great job.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Keeping good thoughts for Darrell, his horse and all the folks and creatures in California.

Frangyomory 10-24-2007 06:54 PM

You guys are :#1:

ouma1938 10-24-2007 07:04 PM

No apologies needed! You have done a great job and TOTV is a wonderful part of our lives. Especially for those of us who aren't there yet. Staying connected to TV and everyone there makes the wait to sell our house a little easier because everyday we can see what we are working toward and it makes it all worthwhile.

We'll get the word out as fast as we can and help TOTV grow and be able to cover costs through paid ads. :clap2: :bow: :beer2:

lm01 10-24-2007 08:55 PM

One small Idea/Concept ballooned into something great and will just get bigger and better. Thanks for that one small idea.

Donna 10-24-2007 09:40 PM

We are all here, patiently waiting for the good news!!....

We understand all you have been going through and the long hours you guys have been putting into this.. :#1:

We do appreciate your dedication..Our Prayers go out for Darrell and his horse, and all the people affected by this tragedy!

Keep up the great job and thanks so much for TOTV! :bigthumbsup:

pgilson 10-25-2007 05:27 AM

:agree: Thanks guys. The server seems to be working fine and fast this morning. :bigthumbsup: We appreciate your hard work. ;D

cabo35 10-25-2007 07:25 AM

You guys are a class act. I am not alone in recognizing how much of yourselves you put into this project. Thanks.

SteveFromNY 10-25-2007 09:02 AM

Great job and really no apology necessary! Thanks for all the hard work!

I've worked in technology for 36 years and if I had a nickle (or apologized) for every time a plan went astray, well, I wouldn't need to sell my house before moving to TV!

;D

jjdees 10-25-2007 04:32 PM

Steve, what did you do in technology?

JohnZ 10-25-2007 07:48 PM

Jan: There is always pain and anxiety with birth and growth. Be confidant that the rewards will come. Because of your efforts, TOTV is born, healthy and growing. We are all glad to see that and we will marvel as it grows beyond your expectations. Every parents dream. Success!!! Thanks for everything you and your associates have done.

TV MAN 10-25-2007 08:46 PM

Hey Guys,

Keep up the good work. My sentiments match those above. As a person responsable for IT on my job I know what a daunting undertaking this can be. Hope you have many advertisers to off set your cost.

:bigthumbsup: