Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans for the 2007 WS win! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/congratulations-red-sox-their-fans-2007-ws-win-10233/)

Taltarzac 10-29-2007 02:37 PM

Congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans for the 2007 WS win!

And this is from someone who had been rooting for the Rockies! :bigthumbsup:

JohnN 10-29-2007 03:57 PM

Re: Congratulations to the Red Sox and their fans for the 2007 WS win!

I rooted for the Rockies too, since Boston and New England seem afloat in good teams and I like underdogs , but the Red Sox were the champs without a doubt

jjdees 10-29-2007 05:57 PM

They looked unstoppable. I can't remember a team dominating two excellent teams the way they dominated the Indians and the Rockies. Good show.

schotzyb 10-29-2007 11:10 PM

What did you guys think of Alex Rodriguez making his big announcement during the game? From what I am reading MLB is none too happy with his timing.

jjdees 10-30-2007 12:13 AM

I heard that Steinbrenner has Alzheimer's and isn't running the organization anymore and that his sons were. That would make the treatment of Joe Torre understandable. As tough as old George was on his managers, I don't remember him playing games like was done to Torre. He just just fired them. If this is true, the sons are doing a poor job of emulating the old man.

vsanantonio 10-30-2007 12:26 PM

World Series and Superbowl in the same year Got to love New England Vinny From RI

bargee 10-30-2007 01:01 PM

SOX ROCK

nhsnowbird 10-30-2007 08:40 PM

It's a great time to be a sports fan in New England! Just watched the Boston parade for the Red Sox and the fans really appreciate their teams.

MMC24 11-01-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schotzyb
What did you guys think of Alex Rodriguez making his big announcement during the game? From what I am reading MLB is none too happy with his timing.

It's all about A-Rod, he has poor timing and no loyality - he would play for the devil if the $ was right. But I will have to give the "devil" his due. . . he did have a career year. Maybe he'll play for Torre in LA next year.

punkpup 11-02-2007 10:46 AM

I had to fly to Philadelphia last Friday morning (10/26), and my flight was full of Rockies fans returning to Denver. A couple of guys looked so dejected I truly felt their pain. After the way the Sox spanked the Rockies in the first game, OUCH!

Part of me wanted The Rockies to win... I thought it might be their turn especially since they'd won 21 out of their last 22 games but the Sox were soooooo HOT it was unbelievable. Many of us are still sleep deprived, lol