Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Seafood Resurants (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/seafood-resurants-10275/)

Pete 11-01-2007 11:58 PM

Seafood Resurants

I've read threds on:

Italian

Favorite Resturants

and a few others but I haven't seen anything about seafood

My favorites are

Sam St. Johms

Shells

And the shrimp at the Kracker Shack at werda-hecamiat fishing lode in Lake Panasoffkee.

REDCART 11-02-2007 12:06 AM

Re: Seafood Resurants

Pete, Was curious about Sam St. Johns. I've seen several advertisements and although it's not in TV, it's close enough. What do you think of Captain Bells on 27\441, South of TV? We've been there twice. They serve you very quickly. They must have meals already prepared and just stick them in the oven.

villager99 11-02-2007 12:11 AM

i go to up the creek for fish often and can't wait for bonefish to open in tv.

Pete 11-02-2007 01:20 AM

Sam St. Johns is in the plaza accross from Wal Mart on 441 in TV. They also have about 4 others in the Ocala area.

jjdees 11-02-2007 01:45 AM

I ate at the Bonefish in Destin. It was great.

captain1202 11-02-2007 06:53 AM

As New Englander's we are spoiled with REAL seafood Restaurants. IMHO my experience in the south is that they are seafood in name only. Usually mostly fried and little really FRESH fish/seafood. We'll be on a quest for the real thing when we get there though. Maybe it does exist.

bargee 11-02-2007 01:26 PM

We will be trying Lilas Seafood in Silver Springs tonight.Have had two recommendations,we are also New England natives so we will give it a good test.We will report back as to the taste,quality and price tomorrow.

LG 11-02-2007 06:12 PM

Try GATOR JOES 441 TO BELLVIEW..RIGHT ON CR 25 ABOUT 5 MILES TO OCKLAWAHA, TURN RIGHT AT STOP LIGHT.. IT IS ON THE LAKE.. GOOD FOOD, FUN ATMOSPHERE....

chuckinca 11-03-2007 01:57 AM

IMHO GATOR JOE'S is the pits - we took a party of 10 there last spring and no one liked their meal and the service was next to nonexistent.

jtdraig 11-03-2007 12:10 PM

I bleed Yankee blue and am from New England. The closest thing to a good seafood restaurant here is the Bonefish Grill. They have them in Ocala (route 200 exit and turn left coming from the south) and in Orlando. You can also find an outstanding seafood restaurant under the bridge going to Amelia Island , up in Apalachiacola on the waterfront, and out in Cedar Key. Gator Joes is a level or three below the pits.

bargee 11-03-2007 02:01 PM

As stated in an earlier post we visited Lelas Seafood on Rt 40 in Silver Springs.It has the atmosphere of a real New England Fish House.The place is very clean and the service is wonderful.The food (in MHO)is good but not great.They feature all manners of seafood,they will serve full or half portions as you prefer.The prices are reasonable.It is approx 18 miles from TV.If you want a nice drive thru part of the Ocala Nat. Forest it is a pleasant trip.They do have a special that features Fish,Strip Clams orFried Shrimp,all you can eat 11.95.You will be served on styrofoam with plastic utensils.

jjdees 11-03-2007 10:47 PM

I had mentioned earlier that I had eaten at Bonefish in Destin. Sorry about the mistake but it was in Fort Walton Beach. Senior moment. It was very good.

chuckinca 11-04-2007 04:34 AM

Looks like Fort Walton Beach is a 6 hr drive from TV - u like any place closer?

jadebox 11-04-2007 11:11 AM

LOL Fort Walton has tons of great seafood restaurants BUT true it is a little far to go.
We like Gator Joes because it is different ,being on a lake with a beach, but too much fried fish. We enjoyed our fish dinners at Stumpknockers. Tried the one on the river and the other one in Inverness.

SteveZ 11-05-2007 02:56 PM

Crystal River is not that far away. There's always been good seafood spots there.