Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Solivita (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/solivita-10291/)

chuck1940 11-03-2007 02:10 PM

Solivita

I have not purchased a home yet and was wondering if anyone considered Solivita before moving to TV. I did visit the community and it seems to be upscale. It wasn’t as crowded and they did have a nice town square. Also it does have a CDD.

JohnN 11-03-2007 02:23 PM

Re: Solivita

We visited Solivita, nice homes!
Downside was it's in the middle of nowhere, literally, and once outside the gates, that area is deteriorating, lots of violence, etc. Just my opinion

jtdraig 11-03-2007 03:12 PM

We did consider Solivita...but as poster Johnn said it's nowhere. AND, when you get out of there you have to deal with I-4...on the plus side, the homes were lovely and the ambiance great. However, you sort of felt like you were in an Oasis surrounded by problems. Having lived here for two years now, we are certain that we made the right choice. I'm not sure that you can get anything close to The Villages anywhere...

jadebox 11-03-2007 08:59 PM

Our friends gave the people at Solivita our name and phone number before we bought in TV. They called us over and over again. Told us they were selling lots of houses to Villagers who did not like the Villages. I figured if they needed to call me that much they must not be doing so good. TV never called us unless we requested they do. We did go by and look but was not near as nice as TV.

maggiegirl 11-04-2007 10:42 PM

We always thought we would buy in TV but one look at Solivita and we fell in love with the beauty of the place and bought here. They each have their advantages & disadvantages. We don't have all the stores right on the grounds, but more & more are coming right outside of the community. We felt TV was in the middle of nowhere. Here we regularly get to the Disney parks, Cypress Gardens, Celebration, downtown Kissimmee, etc. Not a bad drive to any of these, and the Orlando airport is much closer from here. We also like to travel to different parts of southern Florida. We're an hour and half closer than TV is.

We have people who moved here from TV and I'm sure there are people who have left Soivita to move to TV. It all depends on your priorities.

I think the bottom line is you can find happiness at either of these communities. We have great friends and neighbors here and, like TV, many activities to choose from.

GERALDINE 11-05-2007 01:54 PM

In agreement with everyone except "Maggiegirl" who did buy in Solivita. We looked, but just didn't offer the amenities and the space and the shopping and the clubs, pools, golf courses, rec centers, etc, etc, etc, that The Villages has. PLUS...lots more traffic to deal with because you have to travel by car to get to stores and restaurants.

It is a pretty place and can stand on it's own in that regard though. Homes seemed to be a little bit better built with more extras but for the most part, more pricey than TV.

shy 11-05-2007 02:05 PM

Where is Solivita located? We haven't bought yet and would like to consider all our options.

nyclicker 11-05-2007 02:19 PM

Here is the web site.
http://www.avatarhomes.com/communities/solivita

maggiegirl 11-05-2007 08:18 PM

I think before buying at TV you should check out Solivita. We spent a lot of time at both locations and as I said before, decided we liked it better at Solivita. In terms of physical beauty, they have done an amazing job on this community. I do think the homes cost more here, but you probably get more for your money. With today's r.e. market, there's a lot of room to negoitate no matter where you buy.

Keep in mind that Soli. is a lot smaller community; only about 3000 homes. Yes, there is more traffic OUTSIDE, but we don't have the crowds, noise and traffic INSIDE the community. As far as amenities....you can find everything here that you have at TV on a smaller scale. There is lots to do here.....we are always busy. There are many, many clubs, lots of entertainment available, sports activities, about 10 pools (more than enough for the # of residents that use them here) and best of all, a new $6 million rec center will be opening in the next several months. It is an incredible facility...can't wait!!! One thing.....golf is not free here. We are not golfers but many of our neighbors are.

Another thing I like about it here.....security is manned and very efficient. Several times when I was at the villages, the "visitor" gates went up automatically for my car. Since there are so many outsiders there, that made me uncomfortable.

I would definitely plan a visit here. Again, it is a matter of personal choice. TV is much larger and crowded....more like a city and does have the convenience of all the stores on the grounds. This community is smaller and quieter. I am impressed with all the stores they are adding nearby lately. Thank God we all have these choices. That's what makes the world go round!

rkaiss 11-07-2007 02:40 PM

I'm thinking about buying in TV and living there 5 mos a year while keeping my home in Bel Air Maryland.

I have never visted TV but it is heavily advertised up here. It looks great.

Solivita also looks great in their website. Plus it is closer to the attractions when the kids visit.

Do they have a bond?

It seems to me that when discussing buying in TV the bond is the dead elephant in the living room that no one talks about.

nanci2539 11-07-2007 04:29 PM

Regardless of where you buy, or how the "bond" is advertised; every buyer will be paying it on a new home.

You can call it a bond or give it no name. A "bond" is what it cost builders/developers to put in the roads; lines for electricity; water, etc. It's for infrastructure.

Here in IL, they don't call it a bond, they don't call it anything. It's in the price of the home. When you buy a new home, you can bet that some of that price is for the infrastructure.

What TV has done is put it on the table. When a real estaet person tells you there is no bond on a new home in another area, what they are saying is the builder doesn't want to call it a bond and rather put it in the price of the home.

One way or another, you're paying for the infrastructure.

I know this because our good friend is a builder here in IL and told us this when i questioned the "bond" thing in TV. He told us that when we bought our home from him (new), it was included in the price of the home and he doesn't know a developer who has deep enough pockets to foot that bill.

So don't let the word bond turn you off; TV is just putting it on the table.

RCT 11-07-2007 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanci2539
Regardless of where you buy, or how the "bond" is advertised; every buyer will be paying it on a new home.

You can call it a bond or give it no name. A "bond" is what it cost builders/developers to put in the roads; lines for electricity; water, etc. It's for infrastructure.

Here in IL, they don't call it a bond, they don't call it anything. It's in the price of the home. When you buy a new home, you can bet that some of that price is for the infrastructure.

What TV has done is put it on the table. When a real estaet person tells you there is no bond on a new home in another area, what they are saying is the builder doesn't want to call it a bond and rather put it in the price of the home.

One way or another, you're paying for the infrastructure.

I know this because our good friend is a builder here in IL and told us this when i questioned the "bond" thing in TV. He told us that when we bought our home from him (new), it was included in the price of the home and he doesn't know a developer who has deep enough pockets to foot that bill.

So don't let the word bond turn you off; TV is just putting it on the table.

You took the words right out of my head. Was ready to type the same thing when I saw your post already there. I found it refreshing, actually, that they decided to let you know exactly what the price was for.

rkaiss 11-07-2007 04:55 PM

Thank you for your reply. I understand about infrastructure.

It seems to me that dozens of pools and golf courses and gosh knows what else are amenities not infrastructure and must be exorbitant to maintain.

According to Wikepedia's blurb on TV the developer must be reimbursed for these infrastructure/amenities that he bankrolled and the bond is for that purpose.

If I buy a patio villa in TV for 200K am I also going to have to buy a 25K bond?

Is that how it works?

thanks

Bob

JohnN 11-07-2007 05:03 PM

Bob, that's how it works, you need to ask about the bond amount, whether a new home or resale and basically just add it to the cost of the home for your total.

nanci2539 11-07-2007 05:09 PM

It seems to me that dozens of pools and golf courses and gosh knows what else are amenities not infrastructure and must be exorbitant to maintain.

Isn't that what residents pay a monthly amenties fee for?