Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Sports Bar (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/sports-bar-10295/)

thehags 11-04-2007 12:00 AM

Sports Bar

My daughter is coming for a visit to the Villages next weekend and wanted all of us to watch the Ohio U game at one of the sports bars in this area. Does anyone out there have any suggestions. Thanks ::)

golfnut 11-04-2007 12:32 AM

Re: Sports Bar

RJ Gators at Lake Sumter has a lot of TV's, cold beverages and great nachos.

chuckinca 11-04-2007 04:30 AM

I believe she has to get closer to Chillicothe to get Ohio U games in a Sports Bar

Lucko 11-04-2007 05:08 AM

Try Hacienda Bar & Grill (9 screens), any of three Beef O'Brady's in the Villages/Wildwood that have dozens of screens. All have good food and reasonable prices. Also look for local groups with Ohio interest that might be having football parties.

thehags 11-04-2007 07:50 PM

Thanks for the info. I will try and find out if there is an active group of Ohio State fans here in the Villages. :)

Taltarzac 11-04-2007 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehags
Thanks for the info. I will try and find out if there is an active group of Ohio State fans here in the Villages. :)

There seems to be a lot of Ohio State fans in the Villages. You may want to drop the Villages Computer Club (VCC) President Jack Kraft a line? He is a big Ohio State fan. http://www.thevillagescomputerclub.com/officers.htm

I have heard rumors that some of these OSU fans meet in certain places other than VCC meetings. :joke:

Sort of hard for someone who attended the U of MN--me-- for almost 5 years from 1987 through 1991 while also working for their law library to get behind the Buckeyes. Well, there is always hockey.

Bubbalarry 11-04-2007 08:09 PM

Gringo's at the Alamo Bowling alley was lots of fun especially this past years BCS game when my buddy and I were the only gator fans watching the game full of O-HI-YO screaming fans. When they scored on the kickoff it was so load it was deafening.

What was so funny was that by halftime all the O-HI-YO fans had left and man was it nice a quite.

I am a PSU fan and hate OHIO State.

WE ARE "PENN STATE", WE ARE "PENN STATE".

(BTW, we were the first to use this saying. Now everyone uses it since Marshalls tragic airplane crash and the movie came out.)

junglejim 11-04-2007 09:07 PM

The wife and I had a great time at the Orange Blosson country club. They had Ohio State on the large screen. Chilis' is also fun and they have happy hour all day every day!

Taltarzac 11-04-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehags
My daughter is coming for a visit to the Villages next weekend and wanted all of us to watch the Ohio U game at one of the sports bars in this area. Does anyone out there have any suggestions. Thanks ::)

]

If you mean Ohio U, (Bobcats) then that will be a hard game to catch on any TV in TV. http://ohiobobcats.cstv.com/

MSNPA 11-04-2007 10:13 PM

Reagans Sports Bar and Grill has the Big Ten network. I am Penn State and my husband is Univeristy of Illinois and we have seen a few games there. Very small, but nice crowd and very inexpensive.

jadebox 11-04-2007 11:00 PM

Not sure about Ohio U but the Tri-County Ohio State Alumni Club is alive and well in TV.
www.tricountyosualumni.com I just happen to be the webmaster :) We meet for day games at Crazy Gringos. Alumni and Diehard Fans are invited to join.

c

Bubbalarry 11-05-2007 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSNPA
Reagans Sports Bar and Grill has the Big Ten network. I am Penn State and my husband is Univeristy of Illinois and we have seen a few games there. Very small, but nice crowd and very inexpensive.

My buddies and I watched the Superbowl last year at this place I think. Went to it this summer and it was closed. We are talking about the place close to Spanish Springs and behind Perkins right?

jadebox 11-05-2007 11:32 AM

Dutz's is where you went. Same place different name and menu. I want my french fried sweet potatoes back. I don't normally eat fried food but they were too yummy to pass up.

Bubbalarry 11-05-2007 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna Lee
Dutz's is where you went. Same place different name and menu. I want my french fried sweet potatoes back. I don't normally eat fried food but they were too yummy to pass up.

Could be all I remember was it had a Philly flavor to it with all the Eagles,Phillies,Flyers flags and streamers everywhere. I just thought it had an Irish name to it.

travelstiles 11-05-2007 05:14 PM

It would be nice to have some college games as well as national baseball & football teams on a few of the TVs in TV restaurants and bars instead of just golf on all the screens for some variety.

:beer2: