Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Once and done plan (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/once-done-plan-10313/)

DickY 11-05-2007 02:06 PM

Once and done plan

As my retirement date nears, March 28, my strategy for moving to TV is becoming clear in my mind. I plan on buying in TV in June (my apartment lease runs out in May) so I want to rent a house in TV beginning in June 08 and look for a home and then buy. I don't want to travel back and forth so this is my once and done plan. This leads to a few questions. What is the time frame between I'm "buying this home" till closing? I am trying to figure for how long a rental I need. Also I need to know when I should reserve a rental for June and July. How long can I wait before it is too late for those months? The final question is what web sites do you recommend to look for rentals. ???

drdodge 11-05-2007 02:12 PM

Re: Once and done plan

`closing.

I closed in 1 month after I bought. This was 2 years ago. may be different now

DR Dodge

efrahin 11-05-2007 02:31 PM

There is a website called "thevillages4rent", where I found a rental for December. I dont think you will have trouble in the summer and the prices should be cheaper too. Good Luck.

bamafan 11-05-2007 02:50 PM

Dicky, We signed a purchase agreement on July 23, 2007. The home was new construction and was in the drywall phase. It was finished and we closed on August 30th. A preowned home that we really liked and was our second choice is still showing as pending, something amiss I guess. The sales agent with the Villages said they did not like to stretch closings on new construction much more that 45 days.

kar guy 11-05-2007 02:58 PM

WE RENTED TILL WE BOUGHT. THAT TOOK A TOTAL OF 30 DAYS FROM THE TIME WE SIGNED THE CONTRACT TO THE TIME WE MOVED IN. EVERYTHING GOES VERY PROFESSIONAL AND VERY FAST DOWN HERE. TAKE CARE. KAR GUY

Becky 11-05-2007 09:11 PM

:agree: 30 days from signing to close on new home.

Becky

jadebox 11-05-2007 11:29 PM

I would say 30 days is safe. We bought a preowned and were told we could close in 2 weeks but sellers needed more time so it was 30 days.

DickY 11-06-2007 04:12 PM

Thanks for the responses, it looks like 30 days is the standard. That means I should rent for 2 months. When is it too late to look for a rental for June and July?

Russ_Boston 11-06-2007 05:54 PM

Kudos Dick - You made it to 100! Posts that is.

golfnut 11-06-2007 06:14 PM

You're renting in the off season so you should have many to choose from.