Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Glenview Restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/glenview-restaurant-10319/)

John 11-06-2007 02:35 AM

Glenview Restaurant

A dredful experience. My group (15 people) chose to go to Glenview CC for brunch after our weekly round on a Monday. There was hardly anyone in the restaurant, however, we were greeted with a cool reception by the hostess, and advised that there could be no breakfast because there was only three minutes left. Then we were advised that lunch would be twenty to thirty minutes because it was too early. (No, this is not a joke. This is an example of how bad a business can get when they have an extremely popular market and no regard for customers. Once seated we were told that they would take our orders, but could not enter them into the computer for another twenty minutes. (This is country club service?) Anyway, that is the basic story. If you are saying, so what is the issue, then you have been here so long you have forgotten what good service is in a good restaurant. Garden variety bland has become the order of the day.

golfnut 11-20-2007 01:33 AM

Re: Glenview Restaurant

Did you ask to speak to the Manager, I've eaten at Glenview and had great food and a wonderful server. I'd like to think this is an isolated case, there is enough variety in TV that this type of service would not be tolerated, at least not by me.

jadebox 11-20-2007 02:22 AM

Yes be sure to tell the manager. We go there often and get great service and real good food.

zcaveman 11-20-2007 02:37 AM

We were there on a Saturday and it was a cold day and they had sent some of the waitresses home. We were served a couple of pitchers of beer and then were told that if we wanted to eat we had to go inside. We asked to talk to the manager and he was a real **** ass. We left. So if ask to talk to the manager be prepare for an anti response.

samhass 11-20-2007 09:23 PM

On my last visit, several flies hovered over our food. It was disgusting. The server was unconcerned. My filet was superb but the flies ruined the ambiance.

golfnut 11-20-2007 09:45 PM

Samhass, I would have left and on the way out if the manager was available in 2 minutes I would have shared with him why I was leaving otherwise the hostess could have given him my message.

samhass 11-23-2007 07:08 PM

We spoke to two servers about the problem. You are correct..I should have called the hostess or manager. You would think however, that the servers would have taken steps to report this issue with someone in charge.

JUREK 11-23-2007 08:27 PM

Samhass:
Glenview has been one of my favourites in TV.. However in the past 2-3 months I do see a change, not for the good. Several of my favourite items no longer on menu..
Thank goodness there are others to frequent..

golfnut 11-23-2007 11:49 PM

jurek, good point, that's the best way to express your opininon, go somewhere else!

JohnZ 11-24-2007 12:09 AM

Learned that the Black and Bleu Burger is off the menu. Bummer. It was pretty good.

jadebox 11-24-2007 12:20 AM

So far food and service have been great for us. We usually sit in the bar area so maybe that is why. Will quit going if we run into a problem. Quit going to Santiago because of bad service and off and on good food. Also they took my peel and eat shrimp off the menu.

Happy Villager 11-24-2007 01:25 AM

Glenview "used to" have the best Black & Blue Salad which was our favorite item to order. Of course that is now one of the items that was deleted from their menu. We do still go there but not as often.

jtdraig 12-27-2007 02:55 PM

John, our golf group went to La Hacienda last summer and had the meal from HELL and the waitress from the lower rungs of HELL. She was so bad that she brought all the tickets to the table and gave them to one of our guys and said that we could distribute them. We had not given her a hard time at all. Soooooo, I wrote to the Manager, explained the problems, and received a very nice response, credits, and they asked for another chance.
It took a while to convince my group to go back but we did...the Manager came to our tables and personally apologized then we had an outstanding meal and outstanding service. Others have been back just to test the waters and reported good things. I chose not to make a scene but to handle it with a letter to the GM that just laid out the issues. I think we all benefited and so did the restaurant.

MMC24 01-01-2008 03:59 PM

We have never experienced either bad food or service @ Glenview. I guess we've been lucky. I think they are pretty consistant. But, everyone has a bad day now and then.

Hope2b 01-01-2008 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMC24
We have never experienced either bad food or service @ Glenview. I guess we've been lucky. I think they are pretty consistant. But, everyone has a bad day now and then.

:agree: and we go there often.