Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Sumter vs New Square (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/sumter-vs-new-square-10330/)

nanci2539 11-06-2007 04:46 PM

Sumter vs New Square

Is there a neighborhood that is pretty central to both squares? I'm assuming once they put in the new square that shopping centers or malls will also go in.

We would like to live in Sumter but don't want a golf cart ride more than 10-15 mintues to either square.

SteveFromNY 11-06-2007 05:05 PM

Re: Sumter vs New Square

The areas near 466A should be close to both.

vsanantonio 11-06-2007 05:12 PM

I live in Mallory Hill and I think we are just about central in the TV

another Linda 11-07-2007 02:38 AM

We bought in Rio Grande and are less than a mile from Spanish springs and a little over a mile from Lake Sumter. I guess we'll be pretty far from the new square when that goes in, but I really like our location.

punkpup 11-07-2007 04:12 AM

Pardon my ignorance; although I know that there is going to be another square and if I remember correctly the theme for the new square is going to be Western I have no clue where it's going to be. Can anyone enlighten me?

Barefoot 11-07-2007 08:46 AM

If you hit the search button at the top and type in Brownwood, you'll get lots of info from previous posts. ;D

jtdraig 11-07-2007 03:52 PM

Liberty Park, Mallory, Hadley, Duval....and around these Villages are in what will be the geographic center of the The Villages.

Villages Kahuna 11-07-2007 10:00 PM

Mallory Square Or A Little Bit West...

...appears to be the geographic center of The Villages after it's all built out.

We live in Mallory and I can say that we can enjoy either Lake Sumter or Spanish Springs with an easy golf cart ride. No way would we ever consider using a golf cart to get to Brownwood. It's gotta be 7-8 miles from here, more like the distance from Mallory to Nancy Lopez. Beyond that we have easy access to the retail along 441 as well as the new retail development on 466A just east of Morse. The new 466A retail is only 2 miles from us. For awhile there won't be much new retail further west near where Brownwood will eventually be.

A house close to Lake Sumter Landing seems like a great central location to me.

golfnut 11-08-2007 12:16 AM

Seems if you're near Lake Sumter or a little south of it you be somewhat near the center.

barefoot, what are you doing posting at 3:46am in the morning????

Barefoot 11-08-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfnut
Seems if you're near Lake Sumter or a little south of it you be somewhat near the center.

barefoot, what are you doing posting at 3:46am in the morning????

Don't forget about the new Buffalo Ridge area between Southern Trace and the new Walmart (466/101 area). Not a town centre for sure; but there are many new stores going in there plus a huge Fish restaurant. Accessible by golf cart.

Golfnut, I'm posting at 3:46 am because I spend the nights making up "to do lists" like any good newbie, so I can shop all day long. :read:

F16 1UB 11-08-2007 06:34 PM

Sorry folks but it always cracks me up when I hear people question about living in a central location so they may be close to things in TV. Once we get to TV it'll be a pay raise (less gas to buy) because we don't have to drive 56 miles round trip to see civilization, grocery shop, and get ice cream at Brusters. I really have gotten good at driving with my knees while eating a coffee hot fudge sundae. And you thought cell phone users were a hazard!!!!!!! ;D

Steve

Russ_Boston 11-08-2007 06:37 PM

Coffee Hot Fudge Sundae?

Are you sure you're not from New England? That's a staple in RI.

captain1202 11-09-2007 06:55 PM

Brigham's?

Russ_Boston 11-09-2007 07:02 PM

Not a Brigham's fan, that was more of the north area.

My neck of the woods was usually Bristol Farms or Cresent Ridge etc.

Frangyomory 11-10-2007 11:09 PM

Personally, I have no intention of visiting Brownwood very often unless they have something REALLY interesting there. It will be too close to the town of Wildwood and from what I can see, Wildwood is a haven for criminals. I don't want to have to worry about getting my pocket picked while in the new town square. :edit: