Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   heat (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/heat-10331/)

tanbcu 11-06-2007 04:48 PM

heat

does any one in tv ever get tired of the heat thats there most of the yr.

Russ_Boston 11-06-2007 05:50 PM

Re: heat

Geez, i don't live there yet but 'heat most of the year'?

Currently the temp in TV is 75 with dry air and statistically it will be around that until next April. Seems better than my plight here in NE which is high no better than 45 degress (at best) until April!

F16 1UB 11-06-2007 06:26 PM

Make me a full time resident and I'll let ya know. Wife loves the heat. I love shorts, T's, sandals. FISHING. As I'm typing this I've got 42 deg with windchill of 32. Yeah. Give me the heat. That's why they have AC everywhere you go.

Steve

;D

SteveZ 11-06-2007 08:00 PM

"H o t" is just a state of mind, while "s n o w" and "c o l d" are 4-letter words!

gingersmom 11-06-2007 08:20 PM

Heat is a small price to pay for all the fun we have here!

JUREK 11-06-2007 09:28 PM

Hey I just came back from Villages 4 days ago.. South Bend Indiana sleet ice and 40mph winds. Can't wait to get back toTV

:agree: :agree:

Taltarzac 11-06-2007 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JUREK
Hey I just came back from Villages 4 days ago.. South Bend Indiana sleet ice and 40mph winds. Can't wait to get back toTV

:agree: :agree:

I do not miss those Minnesota winters (I went through 5 of them) all that much either nor those in Wisconsin nor those near Itasca, Illinois. Suppose these are similiar if not worse than those in South Bend, Indiana?

The heat here in the Villages is nowhere near that of Las Vegas nor of the Phoenix area.

beady 11-06-2007 10:42 PM

I'll take the heat any day. That's exactly the reason we wil become full time villagers next week.

Personally, I can cool off (jump in the pool or shower, turn up the AC, have a long cold drink) :2cool: :2cool: far quicker than I can warm up( boots& mittens, stale dry air, bone chilly winds). >:( >:(

Besides for the next few months in TV it will be very pleasant, warm days and cool nights what more could you ask for IMHO

another Linda 11-07-2007 02:46 AM

Hm-m-m. I'm sitting here in Sybericuse, NY. Snow is coming our way. We can't go down to TV until March. Hm-m-m.

Seriously, though, we were in TV in late May and again in August. Both times we were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. The evenings cooled off and were just lovely. (Not that I don't just love the snow!)

The Great Fumar 11-07-2007 03:49 AM

HEAT ??? What heat ????
My other home is in Traverse City , Michigan and I looked up a web cam this morning and it was blowing freezing rain and giant waves crashing into the breakers . it was definetly IFR weather there and cold , cold, cold...
It was so nice to put on my shorts , get into my golf cart and go play golf with friends on a beautiful sunshiney day........Don't mention Heat in that tone..its what I've waited for for years......... excuse me while I take another sip of my saspirella.....

the luke warm FUMAR ;D ;D ;D ;D

punkpup 11-07-2007 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beady
I'll take the heat any day. That's exactly the reason we wil become full time villagers next week.

Personally, I can cool off (jump in the pool or shower, turn up the AC, have a long cold drink) :2cool: :2cool: far quicker than I can warm up( boots& mittens, stale dry air, bone chilly winds). >:( >:(

Besides for the next few months in TV it will be very pleasant, warm days and cool nights what more could you ask for IMHO

:clap2: My sentiments exactly!

Midge538 11-07-2007 01:29 PM

One gets up in one's a/c ed home. Drives around in one's a/c ed car (or on a golf cart). Plays golf in the fresh air. Eats lunch at an a/c ed restaurant. Has an afternoon nap in one's a/c ed bedroom. And after dinner, watches the news and the game in one's a/c ed living room ..... before an evening of sleep in one's a/c bedroom. Heat issues depends are your activities and if so, early rising can beat the heat.

M

nanci2539 11-07-2007 03:06 PM

We hope to be in TV next year! My third visit is coming up and we're very excited.

We visited TV last July. When we returned home (live in IL); it was more humid and much hotter than it was in TV, especially in the evening.

To reiterate -- heat! What heat! It's 35 degrees here today, gray and gloomy and cold!

jtdraig 11-07-2007 03:50 PM

Hey Punkpup when were you in Poughkeepsie?

Hyacinth Bucket 11-07-2007 05:27 PM

Ounkpup and jtdraig where are you both from in Poughkeepsie. There is another couple from Poughkeepsie who bought a house in TV.

Maybe jtdraig you are the one. Are you a magician?

Hyacinth Bucket - sorry I am off the topic