Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Bought new home - promotion? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/bought-new-home-promotion-10334/)

gigi22 11-06-2007 10:03 PM

Bought new home - promotion?

Hi! I'm excited to share the good news that we came down last week and bought a new home in Hadley! :hot: It was released the day before we came down and our realtor had to act swiftly to save it for us. She knew it would be the home we were looking for. It's a Lantana with a golf cart garage. The back view is of a pasture with cows. Who would have guessed that we'd have cows in our 'back yard'?! We got the promotion with the furniture and golf carts.
My question is, just out of curiosity, do you know if the promotion has been continued? It was suppose to end Nov. 5th and today is the 6th, so I was wondering? It doesn't matter to us, if it has been continued, because we feel that we got the right house for us!

nhsnowbird 11-06-2007 10:08 PM

Re: Bought new home - promotion?

Looks like TV is offering more money off the prices instead of the furniture. The important thing is you got the home of your dreams! Congratulations and enjoy.

Pat :)

beady 11-06-2007 10:17 PM

:clap2: :clap2:

Good for you. Lantana is a great house, enjoy.

chuck1940 11-07-2007 01:44 PM

With this months promotions I notice the Lantana’s are discounted about 70,000. I would have preferred that over furniture, but you still got a great deal. Good luck

GERALDINE 11-07-2007 05:46 PM

:welcome:

Congratulations and Good Luck!!

poromo 11-07-2007 06:51 PM

Just spoke to my salesperson who said TV sold 29 homes yesterday. This was their biggest sales day in a long time and was due to the price reductions on all styles of homes including patio villas. He said about one half of their inventory homes are on sale.
When I asked him whether there was a web site that where I could view the homes and discounts he said there was NOT. !!!

How is it the V-Mail advertising the price reductions showed up on TOTV?

Russ_Boston 11-07-2007 07:08 PM

Someone simply cut and past the link from the e-mail they received. Once you publish something it is available for public consumption.

poromo 11-07-2007 07:48 PM

Russ,
True but I am on TV v-mail list and did not receive this promotional v-mail nor was my salesperson aware it existed. Is TV distributing v-mails to a selective group of customers hoping the word about price reductions is not widely spread to people who recently purchased a house at the higher price?

LG 11-07-2007 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ_Boston
Someone simply cut and past the link from the e-mail they received. Once you publish something it is available for public consumption.

http://www.thevillages.com/newsletter/200711/index.htm?src=newsletter-october07&code=VE0710&acct=2221421&auth=88568

efrahin 11-07-2007 07:59 PM

I received and email from TV today, all the houses on the promotion are listed and pictures of them are there too with the discount on each one. I am in the list of prospects and receive emails once in a while, I went there for a week a year or year and a half ago. I am going again in December but will not be able to sign yet because I have to sell my house first, and my wife is still undecided. There is no doub that the prices have been slashed.

Russ_Boston 11-07-2007 08:02 PM

I seem to get these 3 or 4 times a year. I received one when they started the free furniture and now one with the cash savings.

I don't think salespeople care about closed sales. Everyone makes the best deal then can at the time. No one really knows where the bottom is. If i was ready i think i'd act now since many models are down 10-15%. Is that the bottom? Probably not but who knows.

LG 11-07-2007 08:07 PM

HOW MUCH WAS THE BOND AND CLOSING $$

DickY 11-07-2007 10:29 PM

The bond on a Patio, during this promotion is about $10,000 and closing about $3800.

golfnut 11-08-2007 12:12 AM

Congrats gigi, and as I always tell everyone, you are now officially a member of The Village People.

scottke 11-09-2007 01:44 AM

Well we took the plunge too and bought a new ranch in Amelia. Can't believe it. We are coming down next week to see just what we bought. Does anyone know what is on the other side of County Rd. 100-Cherry Lake Rd? Not a train, I hope.