Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages Trivia (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-trivia-10479/)

cabo35 11-17-2007 09:57 PM

Villages Trivia

This is such a unique community it begs to have its own trivia analysis.

I know we set a Guinness record with the golf cart parade. It was set in 2005 with 3,391 golf carts participating. Maybe we should go for breaking our record now that we have grown. Any posters participate?

Does someone out there know:

How many miles of golf cart paths are in the Villages?

How many golf cart tunnels are there?

How many golf cart bridges?

How many private swimming pools in the Villages?

What is the life span of a Villages lovebug? or, How many days out of the year are they really annoying?

Did Universal Studio planners design the town centers?

I don't know the answers but I would like to find out. Anybody have bits of trivia or answers to add to the brew?

Anybody but my wife think I have way too much time on my hands this afternoon?

Taltarzac 11-17-2007 10:09 PM

Re: Villages Trivia

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabo35

I know we set a Guinness record with the golf cart parade. It was set in 2005 with 3,391 golf carts participating. Maybe we should go for breaking our record now that we have grown. Any posters participate?

What is the life span of a Villages lovebug? or, How many days out of the year are they really annoying?

I don't know the answers but I would like to find out. Anybody have bits of trivia or answers to add to the brew?

No. You do not have too much time on your hands said the kettle to the pot. I mean us two Cabo35! :joke:

redwitch 11-17-2007 11:53 PM

Tal, I have faith ... you'll find the answers within the next week.

Until then, we'll just patiently wait for the two of you to prove you have nothing else to do.

;)

Taltarzac 11-18-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch
Tal, I have faith ... you'll find the answers within the next week.

Until then, we'll just patiently wait for the two of you to prove you have nothing else to do.

;)

Think I will leave this set of questions to others. :dontknow: Would be interested to see the answers though. Got a lot of stuff to do actually. :bigthumbsup:

cabo35 11-19-2007 06:33 PM

Lovebug trivia from internet: :read:

"Two flights of lovebugs occur each year. The spring flight occurs during late April and May. A second flight occurs during late August and September. Flights extend over periods of 4 to 5 weeks. Mating takes place almost immediately after emergence of the females. Adult females live only 2-3 days. "

Now if we could just nail down how many miles of cart path in The Villages, it just might be another record.

golfnut 11-19-2007 06:38 PM

There is one golf cart bridge and my neighbor said he counted 25 tunnels one time, not much help. These might be some good questions to write into the Daily Sun about

villager99 11-19-2007 07:35 PM

there may be only one golf cart bridge over a major road(441) but there are many over waterways in tv.
i'll leave it to someone else to get out their map and start counting. bridges and tunnels.
i imagine the highest bridge will always be the original one crossing 441 and the longest tunnel the one under 466 from southern trace to belvedere.

jadebox 11-19-2007 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabo35

The Villages put a cap on the number of golf carts that could be in the parade. Safety concerns with having more.

SteveFromNY 11-20-2007 02:51 PM

According to the November Issue of TV magazine (article entitled Cruisin') there are "Over 84 miles of golf cart paths" in TV.
:bigthumbsup:

Taltarzac 11-20-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveFromNY
According to the November Issue of TV magazine (article entitled Cruisin') there are "Over 84 miles of golf cart paths" in TV.
:bigthumbsup:

84 miles? That's going to be a lot of driving, if I want to make driving all of them my next big project. :joke:

cabo35 11-20-2007 05:45 PM

Thank you for nailing that down Steve....the Village trivia list is building. That cart path miles thing should be a good barroom bet....not that I hang out in barrooms.

Skip 11-21-2007 01:29 AM

Is that 84 miles one way or two ways? That's very important if I'm going to measure it in my golf cart tomorrow with just one tank of gas. ;D

Skip

golfnut 11-24-2007 01:08 AM

any new info on trivia?