Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Speedtrap info (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/speedtrap-info-10484/)

redwitch 11-18-2007 12:23 PM

Speedtrap info

Found this site before I left California and it really did come in handy. I'd stop and check the night before for the route I was taking the next day and it would warn me where both local and highway patrol liked to hide. I'd see cars pulled over while my daughter and I just cruised by. (BTW -- I think 85 is slow, so this was a BIG help!)

You can also add speedtraps you know.

http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/stetlist.asp

KathieI 11-18-2007 12:58 PM

Re: Speedtrap info

Morning, Red, do you want me to teach you how to drive???? ha, ha, ha,

Thanks for the link, I'll use it, as you know from personal experience, I could use it. :cop:

:bigthumbsup:

JohnZ 11-18-2007 03:33 PM

I75 through Tifton, GA. Make sure that your UNDER the limit. Patrol cars are on the overpasses clocking traffic. Police chase crusiers are just uphead waiting for the radio call.

Donna 11-18-2007 03:40 PM

Kathi aka Krashie..

I think it would be best if you turn in your drivers license and get a horse.. crap... :bigthumbsup:

You are a menace on the roads :cop: and those poor villagers that are driving along side of you...OMG :o ::) :yikes: :cus: :realmad:

KathieI 11-18-2007 03:46 PM

:dontknow: :dontknow: GEEZZZ...

And Donnie hasn't even driven with me yet. Boy I'm in trouble.... :redface:

Donna, I've never ridden a horse in my life and don't intend to now. BTW, I'd still be a disaster on the road..... ;D

Thanks for the moral support. I'm on my way to Fort Lauderdale, 4 hours. OMG, I'm scaring myself... :yikes:

Love ya anyway wav Kath

Donna 11-18-2007 03:47 PM

Krashie...Watch those speed traps.. :cop:

Taltarzac 11-18-2007 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnZ
I75 through Tifton, GA. Make sure that your UNDER the limit. Patrol cars are on the overpasses clocking traffic. Police chase crusiers are just uphead waiting for the radio call.

Seems like that got that co-ordinated pretty well? I have not had a ticket in about 10 years. Got one in 1996 in the barrens of west Texas near Van Horn on US10 as I wanted to get out of that area as soon as possible. I go slower when there is more to look at.

SteveZ 11-19-2007 06:26 PM

QUESTION: Where's Waldo?????
ANSWER: In the block on the speeding ticket that says "city/town"

Waldo is long-time famous in FL as the 2-MPH over the limit is a ticket town.

Please keep this in mind as you venture north of TV on US-301.

golfnut 11-19-2007 06:32 PM

Donna, nice new pic in your avatar, where was it taken?

KathieI 11-19-2007 07:15 PM

All-

This place is terrible for driving. My 8 hour trek yesterday taught me to appreciate the speed code in Los Angeles. In L.A. I drive 10-15 miles over speed limit with NP. Here, the speed limit is 60 and everyone does 60. What's up with that.... Let me clarify, that's only on freeways (which there ain't any here)

:dontknow:

I was in a state of "get me outta here". crap

Caution: Speed trap on 301S :yikes: heading towards Turnpike, south of 466. Luckily I had one of those locals doing 45 in front of me and I wasn't able to pull out. :yikes:

Love, Krashie (AKA Kathie & AKA Lead foot in L.A.)

captain1202 11-26-2007 08:24 AM

How about a list of favorite spots for the villages Gestapo?

golfnut 11-27-2007 03:29 AM

buena vista south of arnold palmer

Patty 11-27-2007 05:05 AM

Tonight, I had a customer come by and tell me that they're on BV north of 466 all day today. FYI

jadebox 11-27-2007 10:00 AM

The radar gun can be seen near Glenbrook quite often. They need to be there and on Morse more often. People here are retired and should not be in so much of a hurry--on the streets or the golf course. ;D

Cliff 11-27-2007 02:18 PM

Here I go with another unfavorable comment.

If radar traps frighten you or infringe upon some unknown right you dream that you have, you are a speeder, law breaker, and a menace to other people on the roadways. More power to the Deputies who do their jobs in ticketing speeders in cars or golf carts. :cop: