Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Mezza Luna (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/mezza-luna-104930/)

Bill32 02-13-2014 10:34 PM

Mezza Luna

Sat at the bar for lunch today and had the Fetuccini Barone which was delicious.
Cathy the bartender was friendly and and knew the menu well (she's only there 3 weeks now) The tasteless bread has been replaced with garlic bread, definitely an upgrade. If you like plain bread with dipping sauce ask Cathy, she has all the fixens behind the bar. Total bill with 2 Yuenglings and tax $15.65 + $5.00 tip

KathieI 02-14-2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill32 (Post 828967)
Sat at the bar for lunch today and had the Fetuccini Barone which was delicious.
Cathy the bartender was friendly and and knew the menu well (she's only there 3 weeks now) The tasteless bread has been replaced with garlic bread, definitely an upgrade. If you like plain bread with dipping sauce ask Cathy, she has all the fixens behind the bar. Total bill with 2 Yuenglings and tax $15.65 + $5.00 tip

So nice to hear!!! Cathy is a great bartender, she's worked in a few other places and is a niece of my friend. She really goes the extra mile to help customers. Thanks Bill32 for recognizing her, it means a lot when they try so hard.

JohnDorman 02-14-2014 05:58 PM

Just moved here and having a difficult time finding a decent restaurant in and around the villages. Maybe we are spoiled after living in DC but there must be a few worth going to. The CCs are subpar. Can anyone give us an idea? Please no chains.

Richard1366 02-14-2014 06:06 PM

Also coming from the DC area, I feel your pain. You can get some pretty good Asian food in Orlando, Korean, Vietnam, Chinese hot pot, but don't look for Ethiopian, Afghan, Salvadoran, or any other numerous cuisines anywhere around. Gourmet is an unknown word around here.

applesoffh 02-14-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDorman (Post 829374)
Just moved here and having a difficult time finding a decent restaurant in and around the villages. Maybe we are spoiled after living in DC but there must be a few worth going to. The CCs are subpar. Can anyone give us an idea? Please no chains.

Coming from NYC, I must agree with your post. We ate at family owned restaurants in our neighborhood and at those in surrounding neighborhoods, and there's no comparison. Guess it's a matter of taste, literally. (PS. We aren't food snobs - just know what we like, and there are very few places in TV that are worth eating at).

jess0110 02-14-2014 06:09 PM

It is indeed a very good restaurant. The heart and soul that the owners have put into the menu and overall experience to recreate the recipes that were passed down through their family does not go unnoticed. I truly hope they do well. We need a good small family owned Italian place around here. Puts a different kind of place in the villages. I just tried the Fettuccini barone myself. Outstanding! I would definitely recommend it.

tommy steam 02-14-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnDorman (Post 829374)

Good luck.