Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Matket Analysis??? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/matket-analysis-10531/)

Donna 11-21-2007 03:29 PM

Matket Analysis???

I am curious about a market analysis..

I have a Patio Villa, corner property almost total privacy..I have a painted driveway, curbing, lots of beautiful palm trees and landscape, all stone flower beds..Solar tubes, etc..

How can they do a market analysis on my home when it is not like any others in my neighborhood?? We paid a lot extra for the piece of property..

I am thinking about selling it to buy a bigger home....I am so confused about this..

jadebox 11-21-2007 04:42 PM

Re: Matket Analysis???

When the market analysis is done they will take like properties and add the value of your upgrades to the price. They will deduct if the comparison has something yours does not have.

starflyte1 08-21-2008 08:31 PM

Donna, Did you find someone to do the market analysis? If so, would you recommend that person? Pat

Donna 08-21-2008 08:51 PM

Hi Pat,

I did the analysis, and they helped me..I did the research on new Villas like mine..There is only one for sale, and the property is not as large as mine..

I have an extra large corner lot, very private too..
It will be listed tomorrow, my agent is Cherry St.Clare..If you do use her, please tell her I refferred you, and let me know..

Good luck to you! :bigthumbsup:

starflyte1 08-21-2008 11:04 PM

Thanks, Donna, for the reply, and congratulations on your new home!

We just spent 4 days at TV, sitting out Fay. I found one piece of property that I am thinking about, but feel that it is overpriced. I did as you did, compared other units on the street, added and subtracted for different features, etc. If I did want to make an offer, I would want to back it up with a professional opinion. It is not "exactly" the one, but will think about it.

Thanks again.
Pat

Donna 08-25-2008 12:25 PM

Pat..I wish you all the best!

graciegirl 08-25-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1
Thanks, Donna, for the reply, and congratulations on your new home!

We just spent 4 days at TV, sitting out Fay. I found one piece of property that I am thinking about, but feel that it is overpriced. I did as you did, compared other units on the street, added and subtracted for different features, etc. If I did want to make an offer, I would want to back it up with a professional opinion. It is not "exactly" the one, but will think about it.

Thanks again.
Pat

Starflyte.

I know you know this, but I am nosing in. The property that you are interested in is a resale? Because to my knowledge, I have never heard of them selling a new property for anything but the asking price. However, I read somewhere here on TOTV that the resales were selling on average 5% to 10% below asking price. Just my nickels worth. GG

l2ridehd 08-25-2008 01:20 PM

I have been tracking the resale market for over a year and the relationship of asking price to sale price is still at 96.7% The range is from 87% to 104%. The ones over 100% and there are several must have included something else. Furniture, a golf cart, bond paid off, or something else. I did adjust those to 100% so as not to distort the number. VLS is at 97.2% and MLS is at 95.1%. My numbers are about 2 months old as it takes that long for the county to update the records. However the trend is up. Asking and selling price getting closer to each other. That says that sellers are pricing closer to market or the market is improving. I think the latter because new home incentives have been dropping a little.

F16 1UB 08-25-2008 02:17 PM

Thanks I2. Interesting stats.

F16

starflyte1 08-25-2008 06:28 PM

We have decided to pass on the property mentioned. It is smaller than we really need and want.