Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Friendliest Home Town, You Bet (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/friendliest-home-town-you-bet-10572/)

beady 11-24-2007 03:02 PM

Friendliest Home Town, You Bet

We are now in residence in Piedmont after months of planning etc. I have packed ,unpacked , repacked and thrown away. Been to consignment and scored some great deals and am happily exhausted and living in TV. 040 040

All that I expected to happen. What I didn't expect was the warm and friendly welcome from all my neighbors. They have offered help, tools, advise etc. We were invited to Thanksgiving dinner by 3 seperate couples and have been included in the Christmas neighborhood party. I know TV has the reputation for a most friendly atmosphere, I just did not expect this level of friendly. TV truly is Florida's friendliest home town.
Great to be here and thanks to TOTV for all its pre-move in advise.

Beady

Taltarzac 11-24-2007 03:04 PM

Re: Friendliest Home Town, You Bet

Quote:

Originally Posted by beady
We are now in residence in Piedmont after months of planning etc. I have packed ,unpacked , repacked and thrown away. Been to consignment and scored some great deals and am happily exhausted and living in TV. 040 040

All that I expected to happen. What I didn't expect was the warm and friendly welcome from all my neighbors. They have offered help, tools, advise etc. We were invited to Thanksgiving dinner by 3 seperate couples and have been included in the Christmas neighborhood party. I know TV has the reputation for a most friendly atmosphere, I just did not expect this level of friendly. TV truly is Florida's friendliest home town.
Great to be here and thanks to TOTV for all its pre-move in advise.

Beady

:welcome:

My neighbors too are really friendly. Sometimes too friendly. :joke:

Peggy D 11-24-2007 03:09 PM

Congrats, Beady

I'm so jealous.

I wanna be a Village Frog too (whine)

Donna 11-24-2007 03:16 PM

Thats great, Beady.. :bigthumbsup:

I wanna be there too... :'(

Best of luck... :beer2:

gigi22 11-24-2007 03:44 PM

As someone who is moving to TV in a couple months, it was great to read your positive message! I, also, found it interesting, because some of the realtors that we talked to at open houses said that the newer villages were friendlier, because they weren't as established as the older ones. I guess your experience proves them wrong. We're moving into a new home, but only because we liked the view, the price was right, etc. I wish you all the best as you continue to enjoy your experience at TV! :)

stjade 11-24-2007 04:50 PM

:)glad to hear that piedmont is such a friendly place -we are closing on our house in feb. and can't wait to be full time in TV in sept.--steve4 & jane

nhsnowbird 11-25-2007 10:48 PM

Beady, congratulations ... enjoy every minute!

Pat :)

golfnut 11-25-2007 10:53 PM

I've never heard of any village be it north south east or west being less friendly than other villages.

The Great Fumar 11-25-2007 11:04 PM

Beady
Congratulations.........Catch your breath because your going to be so busy you'll think your still working ,
My wife even has me taking dancing lessons and one of my feet is on backwards...but not to worry , it works great for a rumba..... ;D ;D
GOOD LUCK..Your going to love it..... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Fumar

ouma1938 11-25-2007 11:46 PM

Congratulations Beady. I am so happy for you and can't wait for the day I can say I am a Villager too. On our recent preview trip we also felt the friendly atmosphere and just loved it. I don't think there is a better group of people anywhere and one day we will be two of them I hope.

golfnut 11-26-2007 12:31 AM

ouma, that is one impressive list of previous locations in your signature!! You are very lucky!

SteveFromNY 11-26-2007 09:36 PM

I hate to even write this post, but I witnessed something the other night (Friday after Thanksgiving) at LSL.
My wife and I were watching the band, when a "younger" man (late 50's?) sitting in front of us asked an "older" man (probably mid-70's?) to move, as he was blocking the younger man's view of the dancers and band. The older guy slid over a bit, but apparently not enough to please the younger guy. he (younger) proceeded to get up, stand next to the older guy, and physically shove him out of the way. I was appalled! The older guy left, the younger guy sat down again, and some relatives of the older guy said something to the younger guy, and it ended there.
I really couldn't believe my eyes.
This ran so far counter to the normal behavior ("come to dineer", "Can I help you", etc, etc). It was distressing to me!
I know it was an isolated case and I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but it really let me know there are some (well, at least one) real idiots in TV too.

cabo35 11-26-2007 11:22 PM

Congrats Beady...we visited friends here 5 years ago, rented after that and owned for the last two. Be prepared, it just keeps getting better.

Taltarzac 11-27-2007 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveFromNY
I hate to even write this post, but I witnessed something the other night (Friday after Thanksgiving) at LSL.
My wife and I were watching the band, when a "younger" man (late 50's?) sitting in front of us asked an "older" man (probably mid-70's?) to move, as he was blocking the younger man's view of the dancers and band. The older guy slid over a bit, but apparently not enough to please the younger guy. he (younger) proceeded to get up, stand next to the older guy, and physically shove him out of the way. I was appalled! The older guy left, the younger guy sat down again, and some relatives of the older guy said something to the younger guy, and it ended there.
I really couldn't believe my eyes.
This ran so far counter to the normal behavior ("come to dineer", "Can I help you", etc, etc). It was distressing to me!
I know it was an isolated case and I am not trying to make a big deal out of it, but it really let me know there are some (well, at least one) real idiots in TV too.

Maybe the younger guy was ****ed off because he does not live in TV? :joke:

jbladybnugg 11-27-2007 12:32 AM

To Steve from NY
I have only been passively reading new posts to get a flavor of TV. After reading about this incident I feel a strong need to respond. I am happy to hear that relatives of the "older man" spoke up but I would hope that other residents from the "friendliest town" would also speak up to rude behavior. Unfortunately this behavior exists in any community and will also exist in TV but there is never any excuse for being a bully whether he lives in TV or not.