Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Phantom on Probation? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/phantom-probation-10600/)

JohnZ 11-27-2007 12:38 AM

Phantom on Probation?

I noticed a new name in "Users Online". Phantom (on probation). That's up with that? And, BTW, I find screen names interesting. Mine's pretty obvious, but there are some I wonder about. The name says something about the person. Does anyone care to share how they selected their screen names....?

Oh, and I edited a typo in this post.....I'm working on that issue.....arrrggh.

Donna 11-27-2007 12:42 AM

Re: Phantom on Probation?

JohnZ..I was also curious about that..Why is the Phantom on probation??? :dontknow:

My screen name is self explanatory.. :bigthumbsup:

Phantom 11-27-2007 01:50 AM

Alas, I was a bit too sneaky and a little too scary in the chat rooms and now I am paying th price - hence the name!

Donna 11-27-2007 03:12 AM

Oh Phantom...
We know you are harmless...Mom5 please forgive him... ;)

The chat room needs it's Phantom...

golfnut 11-27-2007 03:19 AM

Z, ok you edited a typo, but the third sentence begins with That's, is that the word you intended? Sreen name self explanatory, I think (I love golf).

KathieI 11-27-2007 03:58 AM

Guess what???? My name is Kathie!!!! ??? DUH!!

Phan, please come back to chat. I sent you a PM tonight and Mom too. Please, please, we miss you so much. Love Kat :bow: :bow: :bow:

JohnZ 11-27-2007 11:53 PM

OMG another typo....no golfnut ....that's not what I intended. I need to take a break.

Irish Rover 11-28-2007 04:05 AM

OK, you probably guessed why I call myself the Irish Rover. Red hair, ruddy complexion, and last name is Kelly. There are some great "handles" being used. One that I hope is explained is Taltarzac - intriguing. :)

redwitch 11-28-2007 05:23 AM

My daughter gave me my name. When she was little she was in dining room and I was cleaning the bathroom -- I told her to get away from the snowglobes. She came running in and asked how I knew. I explained that I have eyes in the back of my head -- all mommies do. Later, I was sitting down and she came up behind me and started parting my hair all the way down the back of my head. As I turned around, her eyes were HUGE -- she looked at me and said, "You don't have eyes in the back of your head, you're a WITCH!!!!" It took about 3 weeks for her to come near me after that.

So, when it came time to come up with an online name, I had no choice -- red (for the hair color) and witch for the memory, so redwitch I be. Of course, today she swears she really misspelled the witch part and it should start with a B. ;D ;)

bestmickey 11-28-2007 06:10 AM

"Bestmickey"....because my name is Mickey (nickname for Michele). "Best" because it's a name I use on other sites, so it's easy to remember. ;D

punkpup 11-28-2007 09:09 AM

punkpup welllllll it's because my first Jack Russell Terrier Pandora was the inspiration she was a very loving :-* little dog who wasn't beneath prostituting herself for food, treats, attention, etc. 040, was always entertaining with her nonsensical, "silly puppy" ways , :joke: was great at learning new tricks and manipulative behavior, could steal food right out of your hand, and had a very "Punk Rock" hairdo. I could have used ruffian, hooligan, thugs, bandit or devil :verymad: but those all seem much more menacing.

Main Entry: Punk
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1596

1 archaic : prostitute
2 [probably partly deriving from punk (#3 below)] : nonsense, foolishness
3 a: a young inexperienced person : beginner, novice; especially : a: young man
b: a usually petty gangster, hoodlum, or ruffian
4 a: punk rock b: a punk rock musician c: one who affects punk styles

ewstanley 11-28-2007 12:29 PM

ewstanley,

My initials and last name.
Easy to remember.

Liz

golfnut 11-28-2007 06:38 PM

So tal are u going to explain yours??

Bella 11-28-2007 08:48 PM

Bella... short for Izabella our miracle granddaughter...
Mom (daughter in law) had 7 miscarriages before Bella - Mom spent 46 days in the hospital, went into labor 4 times but Bella hung in there for 7 months, was born with the cord tightly wrapped around her neck and spent a month in NICU - Today she is a 3 1/2 month old cheerful delightful baby...

Taltarzac 11-29-2007 06:06 PM

Phantom sure does not post very often with 1 post as of 1:06pm November 29, 2007. :dontknow: