Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What do you think of the new rules. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/what-do-you-think-new-rules-10620/)

Talk Host 11-28-2007 02:51 PM

What do you think of the new rules.

Any thoughts on the new New Years eve celebrations rules at the two town squares.

golfnut 11-28-2007 02:57 PM

Re: What do you think of the new rules.

Where can we find these new rules Jan?

Skip 11-28-2007 02:58 PM

Yea! $30 per space, plus $30 per table. I'm all for spending more money on something that used to be FREE.

NOT!

Skip

Skip 11-28-2007 03:09 PM

Maybe parking meters in the town squares isn't such a far fetched idea after all. We can have the entertainment department write citations for overtime parking too. How about toll booths on Main St., the Morse Bvld. bridge and the Golf Cart bridge. $10 mandatory safety inspection on all golf carts also. A corkage fee for people who bring in their own drinks too. That'll bring in more $$$$ to the poor developer.

With such great ideas, maybe they will hire me.

Skip

gogond 11-28-2007 03:24 PM

Skip, Have you ever lived in NJ ?? Here in the most corrupt state in the country we have all kinds of hidden tax's, we call them hidden tax's, like the one's you speak of.

Skip 11-28-2007 03:28 PM

Who would want to live in NJ? They have mosquitoes there!

Skip

jadebox 11-28-2007 04:11 PM

The area around the stage will be open to all for FREE. What is being sold is where cars were parked. Last year we tried to get a space and got there at 7am on Dec 31. There was a crowd and the area was all taken. I would much rather pay $30 for a space for 8 people then get no space at all. Last year it was so bad an ambulance could not get thru to assist in an emergency. The price is low and it is not the idea to make lots of money for the developer but a way to reduce the mess as TV's grows.
I got to the box office at 8am to find a long line of people already waiting. 15 mins after the box office opened there was very little movement. We were told that if it looked like all spaces were almost gone we would be informed so we could leave. Later we were told there were no lines at SS. I decided to head over there since I was so far back in the line. Of course I got behind people going 25mph instead of 35 and hit every red light. I finally got to SS box office where there was no line AND there were still plenty of spaces left in LSL. I reserved 2 spaces and one table. I think since I did all the work I will charge my friends and go free ;D

Skip 11-28-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna Lee
I think since I did all the work I will charge my friends and go free ;D

Spoken like a true Morse family member! ;)

Skip

jadebox 11-28-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna Lee
The area around the stage will be open to all for FREE. What is being sold is where cars were parked. Last year we tried to get a space and got there at 7am on Dec 31. There was a crowd and the area was all taken. I would much rather pay $30 for a space for 8 people then get no space at all. Last year it was so bad an ambulance could not get thru to assist in an emergency. The price is low and it is not the idea to make lots of money for the developer but a way to reduce the mess as TV's grows.
I got to the box office at 8am to find a long line of people already waiting. 15 mins after the box office opened there was very little movement. We were told that if it looked like all spaces were almost gone we would be informed so we could leave. Later we were told there were no lines at SS. I decided to head over there since I was so far back in the line. Of course I got behind people going 25mph instead of 35 and hit every red light. I finally got to SS box office where there was no line AND there were still plenty of spaces left in LSL. I reserved 2 spaces and one table. I think since I did all the work I will charge my friends and go free ;D

I stand by what I said and am not a member of the family.
Hey Gary will you adopt me? ;D

Skip 11-28-2007 05:56 PM

He'll let you be a deckhand on his $27,000,000 yacht!

Skip

Skip 11-28-2007 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip
Maybe parking meters in the town squares isn't such a far fetched idea after all. We can have the entertainment department write citations for overtime parking too. How about toll booths on Main St., the Morse Bvld. bridge and the Golf Cart bridge. $10 mandatory safety inspection on all golf carts also. A corkage fee for people who bring in their own drinks too.
Skip

Got another one. Fire the gatekeepers and install coin - no, dollar-operated Resident Gates. (That's a double whammy or as the family would say "Win-Win".)

Skip

tpaladino 11-28-2007 06:05 PM

Last year was a mess. There was no room on the dance floor. Everyone set up tables everywhere. It was a free for all and everyone was very rude (very unlike Villagers). There was no order and as mentioned earlier even an ambulance could not get through. I am glad that they have come up with a plan to control last year’s chaos.

Russ_Boston 11-28-2007 06:08 PM

Skip - I'm an outsider with no valid opinion. But i do have a question: Do you live in TV? If so WHY? I would never live in a place that i :edit:about all the time!

Just my 2 cents.

Skip 11-28-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpaladino
Last year was a mess. There was no room on the dance floor. Everyone set up tables everywhere. It was a free for all and everyone was very rude (very unlike Villagers). There was no order and as mentioned earlier even an ambulance could not get through. I am glad that they have come up with a plan to control last year’s chaos.

How does charging $30-$60 solve that? Wouldn't roping off some areas do better?

Skip

redwitch 11-28-2007 06:13 PM

It does seem like they could have people make the reservations without charging them. I can see renting the tables and chairs, but not the space -- that seems a bit, um, er, greedy.