Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   charging for tables at the square for events (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/charging-tables-square-events-10639/)

phillisk 11-29-2007 12:51 AM

charging for tables at the square for events

I think it ridiculous to charge for tables at any event at the town squares. The town squares are supposed to be free to the villagers as part of our fees. Also entertainment
has to go thru someone as agent fees.

This is total nonsense.

Skip 11-29-2007 12:57 AM

Re: charging for tables at the square for events

Sorry, but you have been mis-informed. The town squares are private property. They belong to the developer. You can not get a parking ticket here. You can not protest on these streets. They are not public thouroghfares.

Your "fees" only go toward RECREATION, not entertainment, not flower plantings or upkeep of the buildings around the squares either.

Sorry to correct you.

Skip

handieman 11-29-2007 01:02 AM

:yikes:
Skip! your off your meds again now chill out
Handie :joke:

Skip 11-29-2007 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handieman

Skip! your off your meds again now chill out
Handie

Just stating a fact. Most think this is a public town - it's not. The developer can close it off whenever he wants - no permit from Lady Lake or Sumter County required.

Skip

golfnut 11-29-2007 01:12 AM

Skip, when do you think the developer plans to close this town?

Skip 11-29-2007 01:27 AM

Well he does it every month for the Cruise In and any time they want to have a Parade or Festival. He can close the streets inside Avenida Central and Old Camp Road any time he wants.

Skip

golfnut 11-29-2007 01:57 AM

And your point is???

drdodge 11-29-2007 02:18 AM

Go to the POA HOME page site and you can read all about cdds and other things that the developer does. Some very interesting reading. Just put in POA Home Page in your search area and it will come up.
drd

zcaveman 11-29-2007 02:36 AM

I have to agree with Skip!! The developer does what he wants. The ads go out with public invited. You want to go to the Spanish Springs square on Monday and Wednesday. it is blocked off. probably the same for Lake Sumter.

Our amenity fees go for the recreation areas and the sport venues. Read your declarations of restrictions.

Don't get down on a poster because he is correct.

Thanks

golfnut 11-29-2007 02:59 AM

I wasn't getting down an anyone, keep in mind though all the streets in TV are two way.

Ooper 11-29-2007 02:35 PM

Seems to me that the streets around both squares are 1-way. But Skip is correct, the business' around the squares are the ones that flip the bill for the entertainment.

20taffy01luv 11-30-2007 09:46 PM

Another point: The entertainment on The Squares is still free. They are just offering you the opportunity to have your own space. You can take a chair with you and have an absolutely free evening (minus the food/beverages). At least, that's how I understand it. Sounds like a pretty good deal all around to me. Hope you agree.

chuckster 12-01-2007 01:07 AM

SKIP....Thought you'd like to know, the town i'm from up north closed its "public" streets several times a year (art festivals, christmas festivals, car shows, nascar events, etc). They were and still are "public" not privately owned streets)..If village streets are private who maintains them?

Where did you say you lived.....you do look familiar as jjdees said.