Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   April Visit (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/april-visit-10650/)

Russ_Boston 11-29-2007 04:18 PM

April Visit

I know it is early but we'll be down in TV for a Lifestyle preview visit the last week of April into early May. Unfortunately it is the ONLY week i have off between work and school responsibilities. I know that many of you will already be north by that time. But...

I'd like to get out on one of the Championship courses (probably at least twice) during the week. I prefer to play as early as possible. My current USGA is 11.3 but that will be early in the golf season for me so no promises.

Anyone here on TOTV interested in getting a foursome together during that week? I know you can't commit at this time but if you send me an e-mail or a PM I'll keep it around and get back to you around mid-April once the dates are confirmed.

Donna, Redwitch - Maybe we could arrange one of those TOTV lunches as well during that week?

PS> I changed my picture so you won't be shocked later on ;D
Russ

redwitch 11-29-2007 04:27 PM

Re: April Visit

A lunch or evening at a Square sounds wonderful! Don't look at me for golf, though -- never could quite understand the enchantment of chasing a funny-looking ball with a funnier looking stick while riding in a funny-looking cart and calling the whole thing exercise. ;) ;D :dontknow: Course, I've been making noises about taking a lesson or two (my daughter thinks I've lost my mind).

nONIE 11-29-2007 05:23 PM

Hi Red, I couldnt agree with you more about golf. Is there something wrong with us?

Village Kid 2 11-29-2007 05:23 PM

It seems there will be a bunch of "regulars" visiting in April. So, definitely time for another TOTV meet and greet!

nONIE 11-29-2007 05:26 PM

April seems soooo far away! Sigh! :'(

Barefoot 11-29-2007 05:32 PM

Nonie .. Great picture! :bigthumbsup:

Russ, you've changed! Sadly, a lot of snowbirds will be going home in April; so we'll miss your visit. So sad, too bad, but we'll all get together eventually. :beer2:

Taltarzac 11-29-2007 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch
A lunch or evening at a Square sounds wonderful! Don't look at me for golf, though -- never could quite understand the enchantment of chasing a funny-looking ball with a funnier looking stick while riding in a funny-looking cart and calling the whole thing exercise. ;) ;D :dontknow: Course, I've been making noises about taking a lesson or two (my daughter thinks I've lost my mind).

With golf it seems the worse you are at it, the more exercise you get. :joke: