Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Christmas Decorations (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/christmas-decorations-10673/)

thehags 12-01-2007 02:40 AM

Christmas Decorations

We have friends arriving for their first visit to the villages and we would love to take them around to see some of the Christmas decorations. Even though it's a little early in the season, are their some neighborhoods that really get into the Christmas decorations.

thanks,

REDCART 12-01-2007 03:58 AM

Re: Christmas Decorations

Were you guys having a couple of drinks when you came up with "thehags"? It's cute but I'll bet you're not hags!

redwitch 12-01-2007 12:03 PM

I haven't been doing any checking but I've found that every village has some houses already up and running, so it might just be fun to drive around and see what there is to see.

larrydube 12-01-2007 12:27 PM

Check out the house on Hillcrest Dr in the historic section. They decorate their house for each and every holiday. The guys electric bill must be enormous.

Frangyomory 10-26-2008 04:08 PM

Christmas decorations here are beautiful. Some neighborhoods decorate in a specific theme. Yes, absolutely, drive friends around to see it all. I love to go out after dark around the holidays just to see how people decorate.

SABRMnLgs 10-27-2008 11:10 PM

Enormous electric bill?

Actually I believe not. We've been to the site mentioned on Hillcrest now for two years. He has his own generator(s).

Best Mom 10-28-2008 01:11 PM

Anyone know the name of some farm near the Villages that decorates beautifully??
I have some friends in Bridgeport that talked about it last year. They said it was really something to see.

Bogie Shooter 10-28-2008 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best Mom (Post 170003)
Anyone know the name of some farm near the Villages that decorates beautifully??
I have some friends in Bridgeport that talked about it last year. They said it was really something to see.

It is the Cotton farm. It is located on Marion County Road off CR25 east of the Villages. Go East on Griffin Ave. to CR25 (traffic light) turn left, go to Marion County road and turn right, go about 4 miles and the farm in on the right.
There are several displays out that way but this is the largest. In December they have hayrides around the lake to see all the displays.Not sure when they will have the lights on. Well worth the trip!

Best Mom 10-28-2008 03:57 PM

Bogie Shooter,

Thanks for the info! :)

Best Mom 12-12-2008 09:25 PM

Christmas Decorations

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 170039)
It is the Cotton farm. It is located on Marion County Road off CR25 east of the Villages. Go East on Griffin Ave. to CR25 (traffic light) turn left, go to Marion County road and turn right, go about 4 miles and the farm in on the right.
There are several displays out that way but this is the largest. In December they have hayrides around the lake to see all the displays.Not sure when they will have the lights on. Well worth the trip!

Just a reminder of some neat places to see at Christmas.

The Great Fumar 12-12-2008 11:29 PM

If you go to the calumet grove adult pool , there is a side street next to it and as you drive down this street you will see the most amazing display of christmas lights and music in this area. There is a sign in one of the yards that tells you where to tune your car radio to hear the coordinated music that goes along with the dancing lights........

Its amazing ......don't miss it ...

Fumar

rshoffer 12-13-2008 06:31 AM

Come into Duval through the Buena Vista gate, turn right onto Raintree. Go to Day lily Run and turn left... check out the house on your immediate right! There is a street in Hadley...???...Maysville Way that is really decorated.

Taltarzac 12-13-2008 10:16 AM

Enrique Drive just south of El Camino Real in TV.

I seem to recall a very pretty street just south of El Camino Real --Enrique Drive-- that had had extensive Christmas lights a few years running. This is at the very end of Enrique Drive. At the far east circle which you can see from El Camino Drive.

The street is just east of Buenos Aires and El Camino Real.

http://yellowpages.aol.com/business/...oc_four.M#west It is quite close the TV's only Blockbuster DVD and game rental store.

The lights were up today when I went by at about 11:45 a.m. but were not of course on just yet.

ijusluvit 12-13-2008 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Great Fumar (Post 177455)
If you go to the calumet grove adult pool , there is a side street next to it and as you drive down this street you will see the most amazing display of christmas lights and music in this area. There is a sign in one of the yards that tells you where to tune your car radio to hear the coordinated music that goes along with the dancing lights........

Its amazing ......don't miss it ...

Fumar

The street is Clearview. North on Buena Vista past Nancy Lopez, left into Calumet, then third right. Get ready, Fumar's right

Taltarzac 12-14-2008 01:32 PM

Enrique Drive.

See the update of my post of yesterday on this thread. 2nd one up from here.