Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lake-sumter-new-years-eve-party-thread-has-been-pulled-heres-why-10734/)

Talk Host 12-05-2007 11:07 PM

Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

I have taken the unpopular step of removing a thread that has some major changes regarding the Lake Sumter New Years eve party. Here's why.

Lots of people are affected by any change in the New Years eve celebration plans at Lake Sumter Landing. We have no official word about any drastic change in plans. We have no way to corroborate this story. Therefore, we have pulled the thread until an official announcement is made by the Villages. We do not want this forum to be responsible for spreading any information that may not be completely accurate, particularly since it affects so many people and the revenue of so many merchants.

We trust the members to post accurate information, but in this case, it is more prudent to wait a few more hours to hear official information. Then, you may comment.

Lets wait to see what is in the paper tomorrow.

REDCART 12-06-2007 12:51 AM

Re: Lake Sumter New Years eve party thread has been pulled. Here's why

You need the wisdom of Solomon to administer this blog. Good call and excellent explanation.

Taltarzac 12-06-2007 12:52 AM

:agree:

Becky 12-06-2007 01:23 AM

Best to go that way! Thanks!

:)Becky

tbsoccer 12-06-2007 01:31 AM

As a potential TVer, I appreciate your attempts to keep the TOTV factual and balanced. Those of us who trying to soak up every detail about life in TV are relying on accurate information. Rumors don't help. Keep up the good work. We appreciate more than you can know.

Hope2b 12-06-2007 01:49 AM

I wish it was a rumor :(

beady 12-06-2007 03:42 AM

:agree:
Wait and see is definately the best policy.
Get it "from the horses mouth" as they say.

golfnut 12-06-2007 04:03 AM

Good call Jan

punkpup 12-06-2007 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfnut
Good call Jan

:agree: Ditto

chacam 12-06-2007 12:03 PM

I've seen nothing offcial on the parking meters, yet you let that thread remain (in fact, you started that thread) ! ! ! Is that not also misinformation or is it fact ? Or are you just spreading rumors ?

Talk Host 12-06-2007 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chacam
I've seen nothing offcial on the parking meters, yet you let that thread remain (in fact, you started that thread) ! ! ! Is that not also misinformation or is it fact ? Or are you just spreading rumors ?

There is a huge difference between the two. If the parking meter item is just fasle rumor, it affects no one. If a party rumor is false, thousands of people can be adversely affected and they may change their short term plans.

Did anybody see it in the paper today??

fraurauch 12-06-2007 12:55 PM

According to today's Daily Sun, the New Year's Eve celebration has been pulled. The music will play at the normal times, 5 to 9 PM. Money will be refunded to those who purchased tables.

jtdraig 12-06-2007 02:01 PM

Ms. Vesco's spin machine must have been in overtime....great that the announcement was buried on page C4. What a PR disaster.....

DENNIS G 12-06-2007 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtdraig
Ms. Vesco's spin machine must have been in overtime....great that the announcement was buried on page C4. What a PR disaster.....

According to this mornings paper on page C4 both squares will be normal 5 to 9 on NYE. I made an earlier post this morning (about 6 am) referencing the article in the paper.

jbladybnugg 12-06-2007 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENNIS G
According to this mornings paper on page C4 both squares will be normal 5 to 9 on NYE

I would rather have my own party through midnight. I am still too young to quit celebrating at 9PM!!! It's starting to sound like my father's assissted living facility.