Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Who would you vote for-Pruitt or O'Toole? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/who-would-you-vote-pruitt-otoole-10739/)

Guest 12-06-2007 03:22 PM

Who would you vote for-Pruitt or O'Toole?

Please consider this an unofficial straw poll.

There are two Republicans running for the House of Representatives in District 42, which includes The Villages.

1) Will Pruitt

2) Marlene O'Toole

If the elections were held in the next few days which candidate would you vote for?

Thanks!!!

Guest 12-06-2007 06:14 PM

Re: Who would you vote for-Pruitt or O'Toole?

Don't know anything about them.

Guest 12-06-2007 06:17 PM

I am a Democrat so I might have to stick to my party in the primaries??

Guest 12-06-2007 06:31 PM

Hmm never heard of them either.

Guest 12-06-2007 06:50 PM

I have met most of the candidates for 42 at the Villages postal centers. They seem to hang out there before the elections. Often they come in pairs.

Guest 12-07-2007 01:05 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
Please consider this an unofficial straw poll.

There are two Republicans running for the House of Representatives in District 42, which includes The Villages.

1) Will Pruitt

2) Marlene O'Toole

If the elections were held in the next few days which candidate would you vote for?

Thanks!!!

Don't know Will Pruitt at all. I met Marlene at last year's Chili Cook-off during the torrential downpour -- is that redundant? -- and was highly impressed. Firstly, she was friendly and quite personable. I got to know a bit about her and am really in awe of the volunteer work she's done since her "retirement". She helps with a variety of organizations and schools but is most involved with "Take Stock in Children," a group that does hands-on work with troubled kids, trying to help keep them in school. Sooo, unless I find out Will is the second coming of Mother Theresa, I'll likely be voting for Marlene.

Guest 12-08-2007 01:03 AM

I don't know anything about these candidates.

Guest 12-11-2007 12:53 AM

Pruitt would be my choice

Guest 12-13-2007 11:40 PM

I have always known that Jan and the guys at "Talk of the Villages" have provided a great service. It is nice to see people engaged in the process so early. Hope everyone is well. God Bless,

Will

willpruitt.com

Muncle, I am certainly not the second coming, but I have been involved in this community for a bit longer than my opponent. I have two gubernatorial appointments from two different governors on educational related boards and none are a paid position. I am the Creator of the pilot for the Florida Pre-Kindergarten Program and built the center in Leesburg. Hope that helps. I am sure I will not be in the Villages paper as much as my opponent, so I encourage you give me a call. 821.0101. Take Care.

Guest 03-06-2008 04:34 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest
I have always known that Jan and the guys at "Talk of the Villages" have provided a great service. It is nice to see people engaged in the process so early. Hope everyone is well. God Bless,

Will

willpruitt.com

Muncle, I am certainly not the second coming, but I have been involved in this community for a bit longer than my opponent. I have two gubernatorial appointments from two different governors on educational related boards and none are a paid position. I am the Creator of the pilot for the Florida Pre-Kindergarten Program and built the center in Leesburg. Hope that helps. I am sure I will not be in the Villages paper as much as my opponent, so I encourage you give me a call. 821.0101. Take Care.

Since the door to door thread has reappeared due to the first posting of a brand new member who also is evidently a longtime resident, I thought I'd bump this one also. I have one question for Mr. Pruitt. Why would you assume that Marlene O'Toole would get press coverage while you would not? In the almost 3 months since your comment, I do not recollect seeing anything about her, while you've certainly made some news. Could it be that you are trying to label her as a tool of the developer? That didn't work in the Sumter County elections.

Guest 03-06-2008 12:29 PM

O'Toole Of course!!!!!!!