Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Please light a candle at 7 PM tomorrow (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/please-light-candle-7-pm-tomorrow-10771/)

redwitch 12-08-2007 05:59 PM

Please light a candle at 7 PM tomorrow

Tomorrow is Remember a Child Day. This is to remember all dead children around the world. So, please light a candle at 7:00 pm (your time). Thank you!

KathieI 12-08-2007 08:23 PM

Re: Please light a candle at 7 PM tomorrow

Hi Red,

This is such a nice thing that I will try to comply.

I'll be at mass tonight at 5:30 PST, 8:30 EST, so I'll light a candle in church for all the dead children, especially the ones I knew. Hope that's okay. I think that lighting it in church gives us a few more strokes than just within a house. I'll even do it in front of one of the saints who is the benefactor of little children. How's that.

Thanks so much for the thought.

nONIE 12-08-2007 08:55 PM

Red,

I feel very confident that all the little ones who have passed before there time are in a very beautiful place.

Such a nice thought tho, thanks for posting.

Donna 12-08-2007 10:01 PM

Red,
Thanks for the post..I will remember all the children..

God Bless,
Donna

steve0528 12-08-2007 11:44 PM

rw, the TV affiliate in RI will comply. God bless you and yours..

JohnZ 12-09-2007 12:09 AM

For the lost flowers of the earth.

http://heavenlylightspoetry.homestea...ndlelight.html

KathieI 12-09-2007 12:25 AM

John, that tribute was beautiful but extremely sad. I am truly crying my heart out. Heading for church to light my candles.

I'm so sad I can't even make as joke of my new picture. Will have to do it another post.

Kathie

rdkent 12-09-2007 12:57 AM

We own a small town funeral home in north Missouri. I just conducted a funeral for a 2 year old Hispanic boy who was killed in a car wreck last week when his mother slid off an icy road here and rolled her car. She was slightly injured, his 4 year old brother barely hurt, but he was thrown out and SUV landed on him. I would dearly love to go the rest of my career without ever holding another funeral for a child, teenager, or stillborn. Believe me, you never develop a shell to keep you from grieving in these cases. I'll be praying for them also.

redwitch 12-09-2007 12:31 PM

I forgot to mention this is the 11th anniversary of Remember a Child. It is organized by Compassionate Friends, a support group for people who have lost a child. Their goal is to have candles lit around the world.

RD, the compassion and caring in your post was overwhelming. The family had to feel how much you cared and it must have been comforting to them. Thank you.

John, beautiful, thank you.

For the rest of you, thank you for lighting the candles, responding to this thread, caring in general and, most of all, for being you.

KathieI 12-09-2007 02:21 PM

Please don't make this thread get too explicit. I can't handle anything about kids or animals passing. Very sad and there are so many stories. Just remember to always light candles or pray for those needing prayers and contribute generously to research to help conquer the many illnesses that take lives, young and old. Love, Kath

Taltarzac 12-09-2007 02:23 PM

:agree: with KathieI.

KathieI 12-09-2007 02:26 PM

Thanks, Tal, my pal. Like the new pict. Have a good day!! Kat

Barefoot 12-09-2007 03:18 PM

I will be lighting a candle. I lost my teenage sister in a car accident on December 6, 1959. A lifetime ago, but it still hurts. This is a wonderful way to remember her and all the other lost flowers of the earth.

Thanks Red.